Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: suction cups

Speed Demon

Default suction cups

Ok, so its been a looooong time since i been on. I have been really really busy. I think my suction cups on the X50 have been "memorized" to the summer heat and will not stick any longer. I did a search and the first couple of pages returned to helpful results. Has someone found a store locally, Ie chain (Home Depot, Lowes) that has suction cups to replace the OEM ones that came with the X50?

Also last I remember, the X50 kept falsing on laser so I turnd it off, I seen a lot of stuff has changed such as laser detection etc its a crazy and fast moving world out there. I think the version X50 i have is the ver 5?

Good Citizen

have you tried soaking them in hot water? It helped mine and my sisters

Founder of Stealthvation

Default Re: suction cups

Quote Originally Posted by CLTX11
    Ok, so its been a looooong time since i been on. I have been really really busy. I think my suction cups on the X50 have been "memorized" to the summer heat and will not stick any longer. I did a search and the first couple of pages returned to helpful results. Has someone found a store locally, Ie chain (Home Depot, Lowes) that has suction cups to replace the OEM ones that came with the X50?

Also last I remember, the X50 kept falsing on laser so I turnd it off, I seen a lot of stuff has changed such as laser detection etc its a crazy and fast moving world out there. I think the version X50 i have is the ver 5?
    This is an EASY one. Whistler has the BEST suction cups in the business. The ones that they supply with their new series the Pro 78 and XTR 690 are AMAZING. I believe Michael B. can provide us with the link on how to buy them. They BLOW AWAY everyone else's offerings. It is not even close
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Speed Demon

how r they different?

Newcomer

heat some water to the point it is almost boiling then remove from stove. drop your suction cups in the hot water and let them sit for a couple of minutes. remove from hot water and allow to cool. this should revive your suction cups. as the poster above pointed out, this works.

Professional

Don't forget to clean your windshield. I use Stoner Invisiglass to get my windshield clean. I recommend it highly.

Old Timer

Radar Fanatic

These work well... You can get them in the crafts dept. of Walmart or Target.

hey guys, is it bad if you take your suction cups off and put them on many times?

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by coolkidd123
    hey guys, is it bad if you take your suction cups off and put them on many times?
    I used to do that because I thought that the exposure to the sun would be bad for them. Don't know if it helped at all. Now I just leave them up all the time, just taking the X50 down. Still holding strong