Professional

Default x50 mile warning. laser. ka.

So some friends and I took the stangs out tonight. Of course we had some light to light fun but I only do it in safe conditions, and mostly when I know what every car around me is. Well of course on one light I killed my buddies 5.0 because I shift better then him and LASER. I slam the breaks and downshift.. no cop anywhere? Maybe he was somewhere sneaky like in the trees or something but I saw nothing. Scared the hell out of me.
    So later, at a light coming home and some kid in his sentra tries to mess around. I was game to embarras his gf, until I get K band. Then see the LEO pull up at the other side of the light. The kid floored it and I kept my cool, of course he didn't get pulled over. Guess his car is too quiet and slow. Anyway, K band's going insane for about 2 miles, sure enough the LEO is 5 feet off my bumper. I didn't do a single thing wrong and was wondering wtf was going on. My buddy next to me yelled my name and I pointed to my RD and was like lol I know, and I'm sure the LEO was also. He eventually turned off. Great save.
    Then coming home from a friends around 11:50. Prime radar time here, got just over a mile warning on a fairly straight road with a few hills up and down. The guy behind me got pissed I was doin 2 over PSL so I pulled over and he GUNNED it. As soon as he saw the lights he almost locked up and I had a slight chuckle with myself in the car.
    I really love my x50 sounds over v1. And love the blue LED's.. still.
    Just thought I would share :wink:
    Also, I got a weird Ka earliear in the day. The LEO had left it on and as I got close I got 35.657,491, and something else. It keep switching. Then finally decided on 491, whats up with that?

Left is mine, Right = over 400 hp 5.0, all engine.

Newcomer

oh man that happened to me once, i <3 my radar the only one time i got pulled over with it is because i get this false k at this one place by a hospital (i-10east right after beltway for houstonians by the old holiday inn and hospital) and so i muted it.. little did i know there was a cop over the bridge, i didn't see him napped me for 80 in a 65... everyone goes 70 in the city it just sucks oh well but yeah radar saves.. just don't mute (why i want a 9500i) but it apparently locks out the whole band so i still would have been screw'd

oh btw yours looks better :P lol

Experienced

Maskellxx, nice to see you got another stang (or the old one fixed). Nice pic.
    Stay safe.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by zappy
    Maskellxx, nice to see you got another stang (or the old one fixed). Nice pic.
    Stay safe.
    Nothing was ever wrong with it, dad took it for a while :twisted:

Radar Fanatic

Another awesome story for the x50 .. .

where do you keep it mounted? High or low?

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by bauzer71487

I used to keep it right below RVM, but I'm tired of it being in the way. Lately I have it low. During that whole night, it was also low.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by maskellxx

I used to keep it right below RVM, but I'm tired of it being in the way. Lately I have it low. During that whole night, it was also low.

i did that with my X50 too had it high forever then one day decided to mount it low... Same thing i did with my V1 too..

Old Timer

Default sounds

Sounds like another X50 save.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Bear-Tweezy
    Quote Originally Posted by maskellxx

i did that with my X50 too had it high forever then one day decided to mount it low... Same thing i did with my V1 too..
    I really don't notice any difference in detection, so whatever
    Like I said before..

Also, I got a weird Ka earliear in the day. The LEO had left it on and as I got close I got 35.657,491, and something else. It keep switching. Then finally decided on 491, whats up with that?
    Anyone?