Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    632

    Default sales tax on 300 bux or a trip.

    Would going to oregon be a good option to avoid sales tax on an x50? My protege gets real good milage at 70 mph, getting 40mpg. I live close to seattle washington. I would guess it would cost about 40 bux tops on gas there and back (snohomish to portland). also, stores dont sell the direct wire kit right? If they do, I will drive and buy both.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,854

    Default Re: sales tax on 300 bux or a trip.

    Quote Originally Posted by NooB1FieD
    Would going to oregon be a good option to avoid sales tax on an x50? My protege gets real good milage at 70 mph, getting 40mpg. I live close to seattle washington. I would guess it would cost about 40 bux tops on gas there and back (snohomish to portland). also, stores dont sell the direct wire kit right? If they do, I will drive and buy both.
    This sounds like a bad idea. I have a better solution for you. Radarbusters.com won't charge you sales tax because you live in Washington and 2 day shipping is only $12.00. Why spend $24 to $40.00 in gas and taking the time to drive there when it would be cheaper to buy from Roy? Radarbusters.com also has the hard wire kit.

    Chris

    p.s. I think this kind of thread should be moved to the back alley. The topic has nothing to do with the experience or use of an X50.

  3. #3
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    632

    Default

    I didnt know that. Thanks for pointing that out. Is radar roy having any specials in the next month or two?

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NooB1FieD
    I didnt know that. Thanks for pointing that out. Is radar roy having any specials in the next month or two?
    What if you were to get a ticket because you were waiting a few months for a special? Get protected now and buy the radar detector today.

    Escorts don't go on sale anyway.

    Chris

  5. #5
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JammerTests Webmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by NooB1FieD
    I didnt know that. Thanks for pointing that out. Is radar roy having any specials in the next month or two?
    What if you were to get a ticket because you were waiting a few months for a special? Get protected now and buy the radar detector today.

    Escorts don't go on sale anyway.

    Chris
    I will, but it depends if I lose today in court. (ticket for reverse lights stuck on). but I cant, right ??? =)

  6. #6
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NooB1FieD

    I will, but it depends if I lose today in court. (ticket for reverse lights stuck on). but I cant, right ??? =)
    YAY I got it dismissed. So maybe in a few days I will get an x50, I work this weekend. I just dont like to toss more than a 100 bux in one thing... kinda makes me feel wasteful.

    JTW, thanks for tellen me roy doesnt charge tax. I hate tax.

  7. #7
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NooB1FieD
    YAY I got it dismissed. So maybe in a few days I will get an x50, I work this weekend. I just dont like to toss more than a 100 bux in one thing... kinda makes me feel wasteful.
    The X50 is a great detector, you'll be glad you did it. Congrats on getting the case dismissed

  8. #8
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    59

    Default Re: sales tax on 300 bux or a trip.

    Quote Originally Posted by JammerTests Webmaster
    p.s. I think this kind of thread should be moved to the back alley. The topic has nothing to do with the experience or use of an X50.
    Has to do with the purchase of an x50. As an experienced forum admin, I think it's on-topic.

  9. #9
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    VA & NJ
    Posts
    195

    Default

    send roy a private message (PM) and he will give you a deal on the detector.

  10. #10
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beeej259
    send roy a private message (PM) and he will give you a deal on the detector.
    I did, and he hooked me up. Very sweet deal and cant be beat.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. RD Annual Sales USA
    By Born2DV8 in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-16-2011, 05:46 PM
  2. Another one of those BB sales reps
    By ELVATO in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-13-2007, 01:05 PM
  3. International Whistler Sales
    By boomerman in forum Whistler
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-04-2006, 05:39 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •