Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Professional

Default Saved Twice in One Day

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the Dallas North Tollway, the highway consists of rolling hills for 5 miles and the trenches are usually filled with lurking Crown Vics sporting Texas DPS titles.

I crested a fairly large hill today @ 73 mph and suddenly got slammed with instant on Ka-around half of total full alert and went silent. I get off the accelerator and go into the bottom of the hill knowing exacly where he is...just before the Forest Ln exit northbound. Sure enough a 4 door Saab blows my doors off in the left lane while i am hanging back-and we all know what happens next. A heavy dose of a Ka hit is detected after the Swedish vehicle crests the hill and I am still below the apex. Got 'em. Overheads and lamps flashing he pulls out after him-who by the way, knowing he is hosed-is already pulling to the shoulder.

"10-38 1167" comes over the DPS channel on the scanner

Not bad...for 2 steep hills away (1/2 mile).

On the way back from my expedition, I am looking for him as they usually switch directions after lunch. (There is a concrete divider separating North and Southbound lanes thank god-we'd all be toast with mobile instant on here)

Sure enough about 3/4 mile this time Instant On Ka @ 34.700 is detected fairly strong. Gotta love those Dual Stalker DSRs. Already slowed down and cleaned up when I pass a Porshe with it's owner obviously in a lot of distress in front of the same Trooper(a large Noble Willingham looking guy if uve ever seen Walker Texas Ranger).

Again the familiar southern drawl cracks the silence over the radio...

"10-38 1167"

Man I love this thing.

Experienced

Dallas does have a heavy dose of Ka from my experience. Its a good thing you have an X50 or you may have two tickets instead.

Professional

Amen

Professional

Man am I having some sort of week. Coming home I would have gotten nailed by a Highland Park policeman using a handheld Stalker ATR (instant on) had there not have been a few rabbits. He was using a pile of dirt from a construction site and was parked perpendicular to traffic with the window rolled down.

I exited southbound 75 on Mockingbird and turned right to pass SMU. I get a faceful of Ka with two sources (about 3/4 strength) and goes silent. Get in the slow lane and start looking for him as I get two more alerts with two identical strength sources instant on style.

http://stalkerradar.com/law_atr.shtml

Look down about middle of the page where it says "Amazing Performance" with a TWIN HORN transmitter.

Did I get two sources because of this?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRed
    Man am I having some sort of week. Coming home I would have gotten nailed by a Highland Park policeman using a handheld Stalker ATR (instant on) had there not have been a few rabbits. He was using a pile of dirt from a construction site and was parked perpendicular to traffic with the window rolled down.

I exited southbound 75 on Mockingbird and turned right to pass SMU. I get a faceful of Ka with two sources (about 3/4 strength) and goes silent. Get in the slow lane and start looking for him as I get two more alerts with two identical strength sources instant on style.

Look down about middle of the page where it says "Amazing Performance" with a TWIN HORN transmitter.

quote> the Stalker ATR utilizes an innovative twin horn, Ka band antenna design. The microwave system features separate horns for transmit and receiving functions.<

nope, as it says it uses one for "transmit" and the other for receive..A very very innovative traffic radar system with long range but expensive also. That's why the newer stalkers don't have it....

Speed Demon

Just love stories like this. Kudos to the X50!!

Professional

Any ideas then as to why I got two identical strength sources from only one apparent gun?

Good Citizen

Any ideas then as to why I got two identical strength sources from only one apparent gun?
    Either a car mounted radar unit with front and rear antenna, or a handheld device and a single mounted antenna would be my guess.

-Bill

Speed Demon

Default Re: Saved Twice in One Day

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the Dallas North Tollway, the highway consists of rolling hills for 5 miles and the trenches are usually filled with lurking Crown Vics sporting Texas DPS titles.

I crested a fairly large hill today @ 73 mph and suddenly got slammed with instant on Ka-around half of total full alert and went silent. I get off the accelerator and go into the bottom of the hill knowing exacly where he is...just before the Forest Ln exit northbound. Sure enough a 4 door Saab blows my doors off in the left lane while i am hanging back-and we all know what happens next. A heavy dose of a Ka hit is detected after the Swedish vehicle crests the hill and I am still below the apex. Got 'em. Overheads and lamps flashing he pulls out after him-who by the way, knowing he is hosed-is already pulling to the shoulder.

"10-38 1167" comes over the DPS channel on the scanner

Not bad...for 2 steep hills away (1/2 mile).

On the way back from my expedition, I am looking for him as they usually switch directions after lunch. (There is a concrete divider separating North and Southbound lanes thank god-we'd all be toast with mobile instant on here)

Sure enough about 3/4 mile this time Instant On Ka @ 34.700 is detected fairly strong. Gotta love those Dual Stalker DSRs. Already slowed down and cleaned up when I pass a Porshe with it's owner obviously in a lot of distress in front of the same Trooper(a large Noble Willingham looking guy if uve ever seen Walker Texas Ranger).

Again the familiar southern drawl cracks the silence over the radio...

"10-38 1167"

Man I love this thing.
    Nice story. Keep them coming

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by stalkervision

quote> the Stalker ATR utilizes an innovative twin horn, Ka band antenna design. The microwave system features separate horns for transmit and receiving functions.<

nope, as it says it uses one for "transmit" and the other for receive..A very very innovative traffic radar system with long range but expensive also. That's why the newer stalkers don't have it....
    SV you are the man