Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    Professional
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dallas/Lubbock, Texas
    Posts
    917

    Default Saved Twice in One Day

    For those of you who are unfamiliar with the Dallas North Tollway, the highway consists of rolling hills for 5 miles and the trenches are usually filled with lurking Crown Vics sporting Texas DPS titles.

    I crested a fairly large hill today @ 73 mph and suddenly got slammed with instant on Ka-around half of total full alert and went silent. I get off the accelerator and go into the bottom of the hill knowing exacly where he is...just before the Forest Ln exit northbound. Sure enough a 4 door Saab blows my doors off in the left lane while i am hanging back-and we all know what happens next. A heavy dose of a Ka hit is detected after the Swedish vehicle crests the hill and I am still below the apex. Got 'em. Overheads and lamps flashing he pulls out after him-who by the way, knowing he is hosed-is already pulling to the shoulder.

    "10-38 1167" comes over the DPS channel on the scanner

    Not bad...for 2 steep hills away (1/2 mile).

    On the way back from my expedition, I am looking for him as they usually switch directions after lunch. (There is a concrete divider separating North and Southbound lanes thank god-we'd all be toast with mobile instant on here)

    Sure enough about 3/4 mile this time Instant On Ka @ 34.700 is detected fairly strong. Gotta love those Dual Stalker DSRs. Already slowed down and cleaned up when I pass a Porshe with it's owner obviously in a lot of distress in front of the same Trooper(a large Noble Willingham looking guy if uve ever seen Walker Texas Ranger).

    Again the familiar southern drawl cracks the silence over the radio...

    "10-38 1167"

    Man I love this thing.

  2. #2
    Experienced
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    263

    Default

    Dallas does have a heavy dose of Ka from my experience. Its a good thing you have an X50 or you may have two tickets instead.

  3. #3
    Professional
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dallas/Lubbock, Texas
    Posts
    917

    Default

    Amen

  4. #4
    Professional
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dallas/Lubbock, Texas
    Posts
    917

    Default

    Man am I having some sort of week. Coming home I would have gotten nailed by a Highland Park policeman using a handheld Stalker ATR (instant on) had there not have been a few rabbits. He was using a pile of dirt from a construction site and was parked perpendicular to traffic with the window rolled down.

    I exited southbound 75 on Mockingbird and turned right to pass SMU. I get a faceful of Ka with two sources (about 3/4 strength) and goes silent. Get in the slow lane and start looking for him as I get two more alerts with two identical strength sources instant on style.

    http://stalkerradar.com/law_atr.shtml

    Look down about middle of the page where it says "Amazing Performance" with a TWIN HORN transmitter.

    Did I get two sources because of this?

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRed
    Man am I having some sort of week. Coming home I would have gotten nailed by a Highland Park policeman using a handheld Stalker ATR (instant on) had there not have been a few rabbits. He was using a pile of dirt from a construction site and was parked perpendicular to traffic with the window rolled down.

    I exited southbound 75 on Mockingbird and turned right to pass SMU. I get a faceful of Ka with two sources (about 3/4 strength) and goes silent. Get in the slow lane and start looking for him as I get two more alerts with two identical strength sources instant on style.

    http://stalkerradar.com/law_atr.shtml

    Look down about middle of the page where it says "Amazing Performance" with a TWIN HORN transmitter.

    Did I get two sources because of this?

    quote> the Stalker ATR utilizes an innovative twin horn, Ka band antenna design. The microwave system features separate horns for transmit and receiving functions.<


    nope, as it says it uses one for "transmit" and the other for receive..A very very innovative traffic radar system with long range but expensive also. That's why the newer stalkers don't have it....

  6. #6
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    771

    Default



    Just love stories like this. Kudos to the X50!!

  7. #7
    Professional
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dallas/Lubbock, Texas
    Posts
    917

    Default

    Any ideas then as to why I got two identical strength sources from only one apparent gun?

  8. #8
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRed
    Any ideas then as to why I got two identical strength sources from only one apparent gun?
    Either a car mounted radar unit with front and rear antenna, or a handheld device and a single mounted antenna would be my guess.

    -Bill

  9. #9
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Radar Land
    Posts
    670

    Default Re: Saved Twice in One Day

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRed
    For those of you who are unfamiliar with the Dallas North Tollway, the highway consists of rolling hills for 5 miles and the trenches are usually filled with lurking Crown Vics sporting Texas DPS titles.

    I crested a fairly large hill today @ 73 mph and suddenly got slammed with instant on Ka-around half of total full alert and went silent. I get off the accelerator and go into the bottom of the hill knowing exacly where he is...just before the Forest Ln exit northbound. Sure enough a 4 door Saab blows my doors off in the left lane while i am hanging back-and we all know what happens next. A heavy dose of a Ka hit is detected after the Swedish vehicle crests the hill and I am still below the apex. Got 'em. Overheads and lamps flashing he pulls out after him-who by the way, knowing he is hosed-is already pulling to the shoulder.

    "10-38 1167" comes over the DPS channel on the scanner

    Not bad...for 2 steep hills away (1/2 mile).

    On the way back from my expedition, I am looking for him as they usually switch directions after lunch. (There is a concrete divider separating North and Southbound lanes thank god-we'd all be toast with mobile instant on here)

    Sure enough about 3/4 mile this time Instant On Ka @ 34.700 is detected fairly strong. Gotta love those Dual Stalker DSRs. Already slowed down and cleaned up when I pass a Porshe with it's owner obviously in a lot of distress in front of the same Trooper(a large Noble Willingham looking guy if uve ever seen Walker Texas Ranger).

    Again the familiar southern drawl cracks the silence over the radio...

    "10-38 1167"

    Man I love this thing.
    Nice story. Keep them coming

  10. #10
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Radar Land
    Posts
    670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stalkervision
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRed
    Man am I having some sort of week. Coming home I would have gotten nailed by a Highland Park policeman using a handheld Stalker ATR (instant on) had there not have been a few rabbits. He was using a pile of dirt from a construction site and was parked perpendicular to traffic with the window rolled down.

    I exited southbound 75 on Mockingbird and turned right to pass SMU. I get a faceful of Ka with two sources (about 3/4 strength) and goes silent. Get in the slow lane and start looking for him as I get two more alerts with two identical strength sources instant on style.

    http://stalkerradar.com/law_atr.shtml

    Look down about middle of the page where it says "Amazing Performance" with a TWIN HORN transmitter.

    Did I get two sources because of this?

    quote> the Stalker ATR utilizes an innovative twin horn, Ka band antenna design. The microwave system features separate horns for transmit and receiving functions.<


    nope, as it says it uses one for "transmit" and the other for receive..A very very innovative traffic radar system with long range but expensive also. That's why the newer stalkers don't have it....
    SV you are the man

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Saved again!
    By midd in forum Blinder Laser Jammers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-24-2011, 06:47 AM
  2. Thanks Bel you saved me
    By Anthrax in forum Beltronics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 04:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •