Good Citizen

Default Problems with my X50

A few weeks ago I began to get random full on Ka and K falses that would not go away. They would often shift from Ka to K so muting them wouldn't help. I reset the detector and it went back to working fine. Yesterday however it started again and now even resetting it would not help. I switched it off and noticed that the red led in the lower left hand corner stayed lit, I don't know if that has anything to do with it. There have been no self cal messages or anything. It's only about 6 months old. It is doing it on both the hard wire and the cord and the voltage display is 14.0-14.4 constantly. I work at night and take the detector in when I get home so I know heat isn't the issue. Right now I am detectorless and until I can get in touch with customer service (inconvenient with my work schedule) I don't know what to do. Has anyone had this problem or know how to fix it without sending it in, or should I just wait to call and send it in?

Good Citizen

This thread relates to laser falses, but sounds similar. It might be related. They wrapped their cord around a ferrite core.

http://www.radardetector.net/viewtop...ghlight=legacy