Was bored last night, so I decided to do a quick mounting position test on the nearby speed sign.
Let's just say the results surprised me.
I did 3 runs per mounting position. Center lane driven at 50 late at night. Traffic was between minimum to medium. By the time I go to the low position tests, the traffic had reduced to minimum. Somewhere in there, there was an overpass, which did it's job in reducing the signal.
Here's the results.
-Run 1: 252.1-252.7=0.6
-Run 2: 255.1-255.9=0.8
-Run 3: 259.3-260.3=1.0
-Run 1: 262.1-263.1=1.0
-Run 2: 265.9-266.6=0.7
-Run 3: 268.3-269.3=1.0
-Run 1: 271.2-272.4=1.2
-Run 2: 275.6-276.5=0.9
-Run 3: 279.0-280.0=1.0
High mount run after low mount runs
When I was done with the low mount test, I did one more high mount test, just to see if the difference in traffic made the difference. Veredict: not sure.
As a side observation, the ramp up was weird. Sometimes, it would be smooth, like it's supposed to. But other times, it would go from full to 3/4s, then back to full with no one in front of me. Sometimes, it seemed as if the X50 was trying to filter it out.
Another side observation, I noticed that at the beginning of the testing, the spec meter read 24.112. I proceeded to go from .113, to .115, to 117 at the end of the test. I know, I know, the spec meter isn't exactly accurate, it's just something I'm throwing out there.
I'll post a video tomorrow, so you guys can see the "course," as well as the thing with the ramp up.
EDIT: Hmm... I meant to post this in the General Section, but w/e. I guess it goes here too