Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Experienced

Default X50 didnt go off

I just came back from OKC for the weekend and my X50 didnt go off one time. I suppose the reason was that there were zero Hwy patrol officers on the road. It sure is nice to be able to drive without my detector going off all the time when there are no real threats around. OKC to Wichita (170 miles) in 2 hours without any tickets also helps.

It was interesting though seeing the other detectors on the road. I saw a lot of cobras, with one guy that had his pointed up to the sky. I also saw a guy with a V1 up on his visor. We pretty much stayed together during the trip, since we were passing everyone. Makes you wonder if those of us with the Big 3 feel more comfortable with our detectors and thats why we drive a little faster vs the cobra, whistler and heaven forbid RMR owners.

Radar Fanatic

well it makes sense if you've got one of the best, then your alittle more relaxed on the highway!

this when creates a better driving atmosphere where you remain focused on driving and watching the road and NOT your speedometer just because some council or government says otherwise!

sometimes if your detectors too quiet then you think is it working!
    a few falses here and there doesnt do harm at least you know its still working!

Old Timer

I saw a lot of cobras, with one guy that had his pointed up to the sky
    I just saw this on my trip home, it makes me wonder why in the world they got them in the first place.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    I saw a lot of cobras, with one guy that had his pointed up to the sky
    I just saw this on my trip home, it makes me wonder why in the world they got them in the first place.
    In case they are being shot with radar from a helicopter?

Good Citizen

You know i see that a lot too when i travel.
    RD's pointed to the sky.
    Hey do the other drivers still flash their headlights when they see a smokey running their bubblegum machine? LOL. old school
    Here in texas on interstate 30 going east some people still flash headlights.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by DCJAG
    You know i see that a lot too when i travel.
    RD's pointed to the sky.
    Hey do the other drivers still flash their headlights when they see a smokey running their bubblegum machine? LOL. old school
    Here in texas on interstate 30 going east some people still flash headlights.
    Ya know sometimes I still provide this courtesy. The other times Im just happy to have not gotten a ticket and I'm watching in my rear view to see if the officer is following me.

Speed Demon

Default Re: X50 didnt go off

Quote Originally Posted by PassportToSpeed
    I just came back from OKC for the weekend and my X50 didnt go off one time. I suppose the reason was that there were zero Hwy patrol officers on the road. It sure is nice to be able to drive without my detector going off all the time when there are no real threats around. OKC to Wichita (170 miles) in 2 hours without any tickets also helps.

It was interesting though seeing the other detectors on the road. I saw a lot of cobras, with one guy that had his pointed up to the sky. I also saw a guy with a V1 up on his visor. We pretty much stayed together during the trip, since we were passing everyone. Makes you wonder if those of us with the Big 3 feel more comfortable with our detectors and thats why we drive a little faster vs the cobra, whistler and heaven forbid RMR owners.
    You bring up a very good point and I agree with most of what you said.

Have you tested The X50? are you sure its working ok?

Experienced

Yes it works perfect. It was confirmed when I got into town on my way home and passed Best Buy. It always will give me a short K alert when passing.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by PassportToSpeed
    Yes it works perfect. It was confirmed when I got into town on my way home and passed Best Buy. It always will give me a short K alert when passing.
    How high is your X50?

Speed Demon

The higher the detector the better off you will be but don't put it on the black part of your windsheild