Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Laser going off in wide open throttle; 8500.

I read a lot of car forums. I was reading a post on NASIOC (North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club) and there's a thread about laser going off at full throttle. Anyone know how this would happen?

Here's is their thread (might need to register): http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=709557

Speed Demon

Default Re: Laser going off in wide open throttle; 8500.

Quote Originally Posted by joop1987
    I read a lot of car forums. I was reading a post on NASIOC (North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club) and there's a thread about laser going off at full throttle. Anyone know how this would happen?

Here's is their thread (might need to register): http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=709557
    Ah yes, the benefits of magnesium versus plastic.

Default Re: Laser going off in wide open throttle; 8500.

Quote Originally Posted by BiGeAsYgUy
    Quote Originally Posted by joop1987

Ah yes, the benefits of magnesium versus plastic.
    Think so huh....

2002 WRX Sedan
    Platinum Silver Metallic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's wierd that the detector needs more shielding. The only other time I've heard of this issue was with the V1, where the root cause was determined to be the power cord. That's why I was thinking along those lines. I have my 8500 mounted above my center gauge pod. It's hardwired to the car, but even when it wasn't, I never had the laser go off at WOT. If anything, the LED taillights of some SUV's set off my laser warning.

Calvin

It's probably a power cord issue... :wink:

Speed Demon

Out of the 19 people on that thread, 1 mentions the V1 with a problem and the rest mention the 8500.

Good Citizen

I searched around and found another thread on the Mitsubishi Evolution forum. It seems like it's more common on turbo cars.

http://www.evolutionm.net/forums/showthread.php?t=69968

Old Timer

I have never had a flase laser go off on my 8500. I always had the laser going off on the V1. One dude even said that his problem was coming from the 7500. Maybe they should suck it up and get the x50, I'm curious to see if that will still happen :shock:

Quote Originally Posted by BiGeAsYgUy
    Out of the 19 people on that thread, 1 mentions the V1 with a problem and the rest mention the 8500.
    Why don't you also mention that the V-1 falses on lazer more than any other detector ever made while your at it ... :roll:

actually I have found many things can set off radar detectors in cars. I once put a set of solid core spark plug wires in my car and the detector I was using at the time would be set off frequently when I went WOT. Also it seems the grounding connections are very important both inside the engine bay and also not the least the plug that runs the radar detector from the cig. lighter connection. Sometimes this picks up stray emi from regular spark plug wires too...

Yoda of Radar

Lots of things that can affect this.

For one, "line noise" in the electrical system can wreak havoc on computer systems in the vehicle (ie RD). Now all the ECM's in your auto are filtred internally, however the cig lighter (for example) is just a direct 12v from the battery. So there can be fluctuations in the output.

Speed Demon

What's with all these false lasers everyone is talking about? Granted I've only had mine for a day, but I've had no false lasers. Some false K's from store doors and a false X from a power source for a railroad crossing (I'm leaving my V1 on A...that's how I roll), but no laser.
    The way I see it, it's two philosophies: report everything and let the driver make the call or only report things that have a high chance of being the real deal. I like making the call myself, so I got V1, but I'm still curious about this false laser people are talking about.
    Richard

Founder of Stealthvation

Quote Originally Posted by marlinspike
    What's with all these false lasers everyone is talking about? Granted I've only had mine for a day, but I've had no false lasers. Some false K's from store doors and a false X from a power source for a railroad crossing (I'm leaving my V1 on A...that's how I roll), but no laser.
    The way I see it, it's two philosophies: report everything and let the driver make the call or only report things that have a high chance of being the real deal. I like making the call myself, so I got V1, but I'm still curious about this false laser people are talking about.
    Richard
    Marlin,

Mount it high and you hardly EVER have to worry about laser falses. Today my V1 alerted me at the SAME time as my Blinder on laser from a state trooper at about 500' maybe even less. I got my V1 mounted on my visor.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!