Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Speed Demon

Default 9500i vs. V1...sensitivity numbers or vids for proof please

Sensitivity numbers or vids for proof ..... I dont believe
    Is this newest 9500i is as sensitive as the V1 ?

I do need to see proof of this, its just hard to take in unless someone proves this!!!

Banned

Default Re: 9500i vs. V1...sensitivity numbers or vids for proof ple

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth 795

I do need to see proof of this, its just hard to take in unless someone proves this!!!
    The 9500I isn’t (what some say) "sensitive" as the V1. But the 9500I is much smarter with the tools it provides the driver to decrease the chances of mind numbing falses.
    It appears in most cases people want the more sensitive V1, compared to the quiet more accurate 9500I.
    GOL did some recent tests and the 9500I was almost as sensitive as the V1:

http://www.guysoflidar.com/august-20...ctor-test.html

The 9500I is less "sensitive" than the V1 but that doesn’t mean the chances of getting a ticket with a V1 are any less. The 9500I is very "smart" when paired with a good programmer/user.

:wink:

Scratonicity Groupie

The newly revised 9500i is the closest thing to V1 performance, we have ever had from any detector.

I think it's obvious they put new hardware & new R&D into this thing, since the launch ones.

The 9500i is better than any other detector out there. GPS memory location is the best protection one can get, because with the speedtrap memory, the driver is less likely to forget when he should and shouldn't slow down. If there is ever a laser threat in a given area, the best radar detector is not going to protect you reliably from consistent laser threats. So marking the location is the best protection short of laser jamming.

The combination of voice and tone alerts is better at communicating with a driver who is paying too much attention to his cellphone or stereo. The 9500i gets your attention visually, as well as multiple ways audibly.

The 9500i is the new style. Valentine 1 will most certainly follow suit, and include the features of the 9500i in some future package. The 9500i is too good not to.

However, my biggest gripe with the 9500i remains its weak and inconsistent ramp-up style. Sometimes it's just as accurate as the 8500 X50, other times you just can't any ramp up from it. Boo to that.

Newcomer

Oh for pete's sake DOUG, is the world going to end if it is?? I'm still waiting for the video of the hot babes you claim hang in your car going gonzo over your x50.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Laserhead

Oh for pete's sake DOUG, is the world going to end if it is?? I'm still waiting for the video of the hot babes you claim hang in your car going gonzo over your x50.
    Why do you need videos...Just ask your mom or 8) your sister!!!

Radar Fanatic

i really really like the 9500. Saw it for myself today in Sharper Image. I remember when it came out there was a huge outcry of the truelock feature being very vulnerable to other radar in the same location. Is this still an issue?

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Event Horizon
    i really really like the 9500. Saw it for myself today in Sharper Image. I remember when it came out there was a huge outcry of the truelock feature being very vulnerable to other radar in the same location. Is this still an issue?
    Yeah, it still is. X and K band are both narrow by nature, and some feel that the 9500i's TrueLock feature locks too wide a segment of the band. GOL has one video demonstrating locking out a shopping center, and demonstrating that a K-band radar gun in IO and CO at that location does not cause an alert until the lockout was cleared.

I don't know how often this happens, but IMO it certainly poses a risk to using TrueLock at times.

Power User

V1 vs. 9500i over the hill test.

9500i vs V1