Thread: Faults of X50?

Experienced

Default Faults of X50?

Mine would have to be Laser detection. I'm amazed that a V1 can detect laser on the front seat and the X50 has such trouble picking it up on the windshield. Dont get me wrong I love my X50 that is just one of the things I find the X50 lacking in.

Good Citizen

Depends on your type of vehicle and where the detector is mounted.
    It seems like uou might have a harder time if you have a real long hood on your car.
    Outrun has shown that the X50 does an excellent job of picking up laser...

Power User

The V1 seems to alert you better with laser but also take note it also gives you false alert with vehicles with laser cruise control. In the toyota sienna forum, members have complained about their V1 going off when they use the laser cruise control. The expense of increased sensitivity to laser also produces false alerts.

Had all top 3 RD's today and encountered one false laser alert with the V1. The belscort's were silent. When you are hit by laser even with your RD alerting you, you already have a ticket. Imagine, you only have 18 in. of surface to give away at 1000 ft. and there's not much room for error.

Speed Demon

Default Re: Faults of X50?

Quote Originally Posted by PassportToSpeed
    Mine would have to be Laser detection. I'm amazed that a V1 can detect laser on the front seat and the X50 has such trouble picking it up on the windshield. Dont get me wrong I love my X50 that is just one of the things I find the X50 lacking in.
    Remember no detector along can save you from laser all the time. Yes its true that the V1 does have better laser range but even with this being said even the V along must of the time can't save you from laser and this is why its great to have laser jammers.