Lead Foot

Default 2 SR7 antennas ?? Anything to shield or dist needed between

I have 2 complete SR7s both with shifters. Also have a V1 and LPP dual and am looking for the Ultimate setup for off axis and dead center radar warning. I drive between 100 -200 miles per day and encounter a lot of Troopers / Sheriff Deputies.

If I place each SR7 antenna in the front corners of my car facing out at 35-40 degree angles do you think the cars "internals" will provide enough shielding to prevent interference between them ?? Is there anything I could build around them to help prevent interference??

I also plan on having my V1 mounted above the rear view mirror for long range dead center / rear protection. Up front will be 3 shifters and my LPP dual, the rear will have 3 shifters...

Administrator

RacerX has the same set up
    Send him a PM
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Legal in 41 States

The firewall and engine should shield the V1 from the SR7. When i first got mine I had it temporarily mounted inside the car under the v1 and got a lot of x band false. I haven't had that problem since the SR7 moved under the hood. Can't speak for the laser stuff getting in each others way though.

Old Timer

The LPPs should not cross-talk with the SR7s.

I've had my LPPs (dual-head, front) / ZR3s (traditional/"book" setup, two heads up front) in two different/distinct frontal positions/setups (for-reference, my car is akin to most mid-size import sedans), and I have received no cross-talk issues.

Speedtrap Crasher

Default Re: 2 SR7 antennas ?? Anything to shield or dist needed betw

Quote Originally Posted by teeto
    If I place each SR7 antenna in the front corners of my car facing out at 35-40 degree angles do you think the cars "internals" will provide enough shielding to prevent interference between them ?? Is there anything I could build around them to help prevent interference??
    I would not install your receivers at an angle to the road. They're designed to receive signals in a "straight" configuration. If you plan on mounting the second SR7 at the rear end of the car that would make more sense.

Make sure those SR7s are packing shifters. The SR7 "out of the box" features only laser detectors not jammers. Unless a seperate ZR3 module and new LEDs was added to the SR7 it won't jam.

I'm running a V1 in cabin and the SR7 at the bumper. No cross talk problems encountered in the two months I've been using them.
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200

Lead Foot

Eric,
    The SR7s are shifter models. I want to mount them at angles for 35.5 off axis hits. The V1 rocks for straight line 35.5 but sucks on off axis and of many of the locals use 35.5 around tight corners and I get MINIMAL warning. This was confirmed using my (now sold) Kustom Talon 35.5 unit Vs my V1 and Sr7. The SR7 CRUSHED the V1 around corners against the 35.5 unit. And No, I did not test them together!

The only reason I want the SR7's is for off axis Ka and the K band. I plan on deleting the K band on the V1 and deleting X band on all of them. So that should drastically cut back on the K band falses (rare here to have police radar on K) and make the V1 less chatty.

Speedtrap Crasher

Quote Originally Posted by teeto
    Eric,
    The SR7s are shifter models. I want to mount them at angles for 35.5 off axis hits. The V1 rocks for straight line 35.5 but sucks on off axis and of many of the locals use 35.5 around tight corners and I get MINIMAL warning. This was confirmed using my (now sold) Kustom Talon 35.5 unit Vs my V1 and Sr7. The SR7 CRUSHED the V1 around corners against the 35.5 unit. And No, I did not test them together!

The only reason I want the SR7's is for off axis Ka and the K band. I plan on deleting the K band on the V1 and deleting X band on all of them. So that should drastically cut back on the K band falses (rare here to have police radar on K) and make the V1 less chatty.
    Sounds like a pretty well thought out plan. Keep us posted on it's performance.
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200