Lead Foot

Default sticking with the 9500i, hardwire kit on the way

was called by VR and informed I'll be charged a $50 restock fee if I return the V1 I placed an order for since I had previously returned a V1 in 08/06 (I don't blame them)... I was planning on giving it another try before making a final decision but not anymore. $50 isn't worth the risk so I had them cancel the order. I am kind of disappointed as I was genuinely interested in and wanting to see how quiet I could make it with the options and big and little L modes.. but oh well. I'll wait until a time when money flows more freely and own both.

Professional

Must be a lot of people taking the poor advice of "try a V1 for 30 days and send it back" and sending it back that V1 is getting fed up with it and trying to now forcibly encourage you to want to keep it even when you're not happy with it. I don't think 30 days is enough time to actually get to know a detector anyhow.

So now you're stuck having to use a 9500i instead, wow, life is bad for you, think of all those long lonely drives you'll have to make now without a detector thats constantly keeping you company with false alerts. For the $50 it would have cost you you probably could have paid some annoying chick to ride around with you yapping at the mouth all the time to annoy you instead of an annoying detector, toss in an extra 20 and maybe she'd even lift her top for you once in a while.

Lead Foot

man you sure do put everything into perspective, haha. all in all i am quite pleased with the 9500i, though a bit concerned about all the ramp-up problems. supposedly i have the fix though so all is well. i am sure the more i use it the more i will trust it.

Speed Demon

I'm pretty happy with my SR7 (8500 basically). It's not the bee's knees, but it's still one of the best.

Plus, no more having to hide my RD!

Lead Foot

I hate to keep going back and forth.. after thinking about it for a few days I decided to go ahead and try the v1 anyway despite the potential $50 return fee. Will keep y'all updated.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by ryansandlin
    I hate to keep going back and forth.. after thinking about it for a few days I decided to go ahead and try the v1 anyway despite the potential $50 return fee. Will keep y'all updated.
    No Ryan No, that is a vicious cycle

Banned

You could of rented one for $50...

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by CJR238
    You could of rented one for $50...
    which is essentially what i'll be doing if i return it haha

Good Citizen

Default Re: V1's $50.00 restocking fee.

was called by VR and informed I'll be charged a $50 restock fee if I return the V1 I placed an order for since I had previously returned a V1 in 08/06 (I don't blame them)... I was planning on giving it another try before making a final decision but not anymore. $50 isn't worth the risk so I had them cancel the order. I am kind of disappointed as I was genuinely interested in and wanting to see how quiet I could make it with the options and big and little L modes.. but oh well. I'll wait until a time when money flows more freely and own both.
    Like you said, I don't blame them either for the $50.00 restocking fee for prior customers that exorcised the 30 day trial period and returned the V1. Otherwise at what point point does a trial become permanent . And I must add I am proud of V1 for having a "system" that can remember previous evaluation units that have been returned. That's good business sense, which helps reduce the cost to all of us.