Professional

Default my non x50 8500 picks up lidar behind a black screen.

My LEO friend and some of his buddies were running a Lidar trap with their Stalker today, so i decided to make a few passes on my bike. I knew the trap was ahead, but didn't know where. I was going the posted limit (25 mph) and my Vizalert started flashing red in my helmet. I got all excited and thought wow, my oold detector actually picks up laser! The lidar operator was so well hidden, I actually drove past him without seeing him. I was following my friends police bike and when he turned, I saw the other officer behind a tree in the shade. I told him that I had an alert about 500 feet away. He said he had trouble getting a lock on me cuz of the color of my bike and he had trouble focusing on me at a distance cuz of my bright headlights. I watched him tag cars and send the motorcycles after them.
    Once the Sgt showed up, i figured I should take off so i didnt get the other guys in trouble.

The aftermarket windscreen on my bike is very dark and and very thick, so I thought it would blind my 8500 to laser, if it could pick it up at all. He did tell me that he had it aimed right at me though. I thought about taking pictures while at the scene, but thought they might get upset about it.
    Here are pics of my setup though. I didn't have the Vizalert set at the time I took these pics.

Yoda of Radar

Cool!

I have gotten a few false alarms behind my tinted windscreen with the V1, except mine seems to be a bit dark then yours. Also mine is at a steeper angle (this could make it seem darker).

You have a laser jammer on either bike?

Experienced

When I first hardwired my RX-65 above my rear view mirror, I debated about the possibility of losing laser capabilities as a result of it being behind the tint as well. I'd never seen laser locally before this and figured if it was going to go off, I'd be done for anyways, so I just shrugged it off. However, on more than one occasion, I have received confirmed laser hits in my travels. It's pretty surprising considering being behind the tint AS WELL AS being so high.

Professional

I don't have a jammer yet, but I plan on getting one soon.

The orange zx10 in the backround is my friends.