Thread: Ka from god

Newcomer

Default Ka from god

So i just got my x-50, opened the box ran full sprint to my car plugged it in and went out to hunt some cops, unfortunately only baged one cvs and a Walgreen’s, but on the way home i was driving down a country road with nothing but cornfields for miles (i live in the middle of nowhere) and a get a full signal blast of ka, look around......no cars in sight......then again......Bamn, full blast while im getting passed by a mini van, but no other cars in sight :????? So i drove up and down the road lookin for any sign of a hidden trooper, even went flying by at 80 to see if i could get hit again, and nothin. so iv only owned this thing for about 20 min, and im confused, is it broke? do troopers drive unmarked mini vans now? or is the big man in the sky up there sportin stalker duals?

Speed Demon

Default Re: Ka from god

Quote Originally Posted by Grambo246
    So i just got my x-50, opened the box ran full sprint to my car plugged it in and went out to hunt some cops, unfortunately only baged one cvs and a Walgreen’s, but on the way home i was driving down a country road with nothing but cornfields for miles (i live in the middle of nowhere) and a get a full signal blast of ka, look around......no cars in sight......then again......Bamn, full blast while im getting passed by a mini van, but no other cars in sight :????? So i drove up and down the road lookin for any sign of a hidden trooper, even went flying by at 80 to see if i could get hit again, and nothin. so iv only owned this thing for about 20 min, and im confused, is it broke? do troopers drive unmarked mini vans now? or is the big man in the sky up there sportin stalker duals?
    This is not something you see everyday but I have heard of cops using SUV,s before so I think it was the mini van.

Its to bad you did not get right next to the van just to see inside it.

Here is some thing eles to keep in mind and thats that the person in the van might have also been using a detector and that might have been why your detector went off the way it did. I know because this has happend to me before.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Radarboy12312
    Here is some thing eles to keep in mind and thats that the person in the van might have also been using a detector and that might have been why your detector went off the way it did. I know because this has happend to me before.
    Thats what I am thinkin. I wouldnt worry about it.

Lead Foot

I have yet to see a detector set off my x50 on ka alerts, only POP and K band.

One third option was the cop was using rear radar and shot behind him and was moving with the flow of traffic if there was any, then decided to take an exit.

Speed Demon

I agree with Killa, there was a cop somewhere. You have to remember that the X50 has crazy range so I am almost positive that the cop took a turn before you could see him. My RX65 has not falsed on Ka since I've owned it. No falses from other detectors either. That's one thing that I love about the RX65, when I get a Ka alert, I know it's real.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by N3T_K1LLA
    I have yet to see a detector set off my x50 on ka alerts, only POP and K band.

One third option was the cop was using rear radar and shot behind him and was moving with the flow of traffic if there was any, then decided to take an exit.
    A while back I was driving around where I live and I drove by a car and every time I drove past this same car it would make my detector sound off K band so about the third time I asked him if he was using a detector and he said yes.

Yoda of Radar

Minivan has Cobra detector

Good Citizen

I agree that the X50 must have picked up a cheap cobra detector from the minivan. This happened to me once......was going down the road one day and there were 3 cars coming toward me and once I got about 20 feet from one of them I got a full Ka alert .....and it was no policeman and any way any police radar could have been around in that situation...so it must have been a cheap detector in one of those cars. It would have been different maybe if you got a weak Ka signal then full blast but since it went to a full alert it HAD to have been the van using a cheap detector...

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Grambo246
    You did 80 throught there to see if he would hit ya with instant on....thats classic

Professional

Happens to me all the time...but I can never get used to it. Ka instant on style scares the pants off me.