I'm new here, but I've been "lurking" around for a while now but recently decided to join.
Let my explain my situation-- I have a "road trip" coming up and I've wanted to purchase an RD for quite some time, so I figure now is a good time to do it. I'm somewhat of a poor student and I cant afford to purchase a NEW escort but the more I read the more I find myself wanting the X50.
My question is-- Would it be a good idea to purchase a 3rd party/used escort 8500 X50, which is in good shape at a great price, to get the idea if this model is suited best for my driving situation. Then if I found that I liked this model, I could pay to have the revision upgraded, or buy a new one later when I have the funds.
I've done some searching for threads similar, sorry if this had been repeated.