Thread: X50 Testing

Professional

Default X50 Testing

Today durring my lunch break i was traveling through town on a back street near a restraunt, where a local sherif cop car was parked on the side of the road. It had constant on k-band. So with this vaulable tester, i said what the ***, i will test my x50 on k-band detection. Why not its free. I new my x50 had great deteion so it did not shock me to pic the patrol car 1.7 miles away w/ a slight hill in between. What shocked me was my x50 went to full alert at .6 miles. After a few runs i decided to park of the side of the road and walk across the street to see what unit he was using. It was a KUSTOM PRO 1000DS dual head. hears a pic.

http://www.pbelectronics.com/kustom__radar.htm#pro1000

Any one know if this unit can be switched from CONSTANT ON to INSTANT ON?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by pbelectronics
    the unit comes out of hold mode and immediately monitors speeds. Releasing the button locks a target speed and puts the unit back into hold.
    In "HOLD" mode the unit isn't transmitting, so yes it has Instant-On, even older units such as the KR-10SP have that capability...

Jim

Professional

Was it still giving me valid testing? My detector could have continued going off but i was the at a T-intersection.

Speed Demon

It was giving you valid testing but you would have picked it up farther if there was no intersection.

Professional

It was nice to see the range of my x50. But when i was traveling through town and came up on the patrol car the V1's arrows would have come in handy. I will wait awhile mayby in december or january i will buy one.