Saint Louis

Default Anyone ever been so sure of a LEOs location you missed the real one?

Yesterday morning I was running a little late so I was going faster than the PSL of 55. I stayed right at 65 so nothing too big. Thanks to some cars I had made my way over to the almost far left lane. One over from the passing lane heading west on 44.

White Car next to me going the same maybe a bit faster when I start to get weak Ka hit.
    (Background: Here in STL they shut down one of our big highways 40/64 and converted the other two (70 to the north, 44 to the south) to one extra lane to compensate. Meaing that there is not a lot of areas for cops to rest and shoot radar since you'd be feet if not inches away.)

I know of three good spots where cops will generally shoot and once it went off I assumed it was here. Google Maps Look where the road apexs near that tree that sticks out more than the others. That is where they like to hide and I assumed I was picking him up. (EDIT: Picked up a LEO shooting drivers heading eastbound. LEO hides on eastbound.)

Got up to high bars and this white car is still next to me a just ahead. I am going 63-65 and didn't care when a car clears my line of sight to the right and there is a white Crown Vic sitting on the side of the road. D'oh! On that map he was right where the 'Sappington Road' is or a little before it. I forget where I started to pick him up but it was about forty seconds from that time to when I passed him.

It was in that area I got my speeding ticket back in Feb but I am confident that I passed him and that he was not shooting since it was 'rolling radar' on the ticket.

Just goes to show you don't get too confident in your areas lol!
    Last edited by ejd7; 08-09-2008 at 03:28 PM.