I had a 9500i when it first came out and I wasn't all that happy with it. I'm not looking to rekindle 700 threads of why. I had my opinion on the 9500i and that was it, my opinion.
It is now a year and a half later and I have been using the new 9500ix for a relatively short period of time but I have some thoughts.
1. I feel the Ramp Up has improved but I don't think anything has been as good as my old X50.
2. The double beep at low speeds is great. I like that you are alerted to a threat even at low speed.
3. The Auto Learn is the only thing I use now. I'm not 100% sure how it is unlocking threats such as a speed sign that is no longer there. I need to do more testing.
4. I am not sure Auto mode is even needed anymore with Auto Learn. I can run max sensitivity (Highway) while letting the 9500ix lock out all of the not threating alerts I deal with every day to and from work.
5. The addition of Speed cameras and Red Light cameras is nice.
As with all Escorts I wish they would make a more sturdy windshield mount so it doesn't bounce as much.
I feel the 9500ix is much more refined. I get the feeling Escort listened to some of the things we didn't like and made changes.
I want to hear from owners of both the 9500i and 9500ix to see if you agree or not.