Well, today I did something stupid. I have my 9500ci's control module attached to my dash with Velcro since I figured that I might want to relocate it at some point in the future. Anyway, I quickly pulled it loose but accidentally had my grip mostly on the module's front cover. Yep, the Velcro didn't give as easily as I thought it would and I pulled off the front cover! I also discovered that the front and rear covers are glued together rather than being snapped together. Its obvious that Escort uses a glue which isn't super strong or otherwise the display module halves would be permanently glued together and could never be serviced. They might be using plastic model glue.
I did the online chat thing with CS rep Mike. Its late in the day, but tomorrow he is going to check and find out what type of glue they use and get back to me so that I can carefully glue it again and make it just like new. I temporarily applied two thin strips of Velcro along outside of the control module to temporarily hold the front cover on. I now have a "fuzzy" control module due to the Velcro fabric!
On another note, the control module internals appear to be very well constructed. Some people have commented that the push buttons feel a bit flimsy since they rock and can move around slightly. It turns out that the push buttons are adhered atop a tinted light conducting membrane which rests atop the small circuit board. Thus the membrane and push buttons kind of float atop the circuit board, and this gives some the illusion that the control module may be flimsy. I am glad to have accidentally found out that it is not.