Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Tampa bay area
    Posts
    104

    Default Once again, will Escort steo up ti the plate?

    I have an 8500 non X50. Will escort offer a La Stealth mode upgrade for the laser detection???? Or, will they just introduce the Escort 9500 and skrew the 8500 owners AND the X50 owners.

  2. #2
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Radar Land
    Posts
    670

    Default Re: Once again, will Escort steo up ti the plate?

    Quote Originally Posted by LS1-Camaro
    I have an 8500 non X50. Will escort offer a La Stealth mode upgrade for the laser detection???? Or, will they just introduce the Escort 9500 and skrew the 8500 owners AND the X50 owners.
    I don't think Escort wants to skrew anyone.

    As for La Stealth it really does not matter if they do or do not come out with a upgrade because just like any other laser gun by the time ANY detector gos off its already going to be to late. Having just a detector is not good anuff and this is the facts.

    Many of the laser jammers can't find La Stealth as well.

  3. #3
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cleveland Oh
    Posts
    56

    Default Re: Once again, will Escort steo up ti the plate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Radarboy12312
    Quote Originally Posted by LS1-Camaro
    I have an 8500 non X50. Will escort offer a La Stealth mode upgrade for the laser detection???? Or, will they just introduce the Escort 9500 and skrew the 8500 owners AND the X50 owners.
    I don't think Escort wants to skrew anyone.

    As for La Stealth it really does not matter if they do or do not come out with a upgrade because just like any other laser gun by the time ANY detector gos off its already going to be to late. Having just a detector is not good anuff and this is the facts.

    Many of the laser jammers can't find La Stealth as well.
    La Stealth takes a long time to get a lock on your car to get a speed. With veil and a radar you have time to slow down.

    I talked to escort yesterday and all i got was it was to early to tell how they are going to handle this. They would commit to nothing. Escort really didnt seem to give a f***. I was told they are always going to be behind the eight ball because new laser and radar guns come out each year.

  4. #4
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Radar Land
    Posts
    670

    Default Re: Once again, will Escort steo up ti the plate?

    Quote Originally Posted by bigsquid78
    Quote Originally Posted by Radarboy12312
    Quote Originally Posted by LS1-Camaro
    I have an 8500 non X50. Will escort offer a La Stealth mode upgrade for the laser detection???? Or, will they just introduce the Escort 9500 and skrew the 8500 owners AND the X50 owners.
    I don't think Escort wants to skrew anyone.

    As for La Stealth it really does not matter if they do or do not come out with a upgrade because just like any other laser gun by the time ANY detector gos off its already going to be to late. Having just a detector is not good anuff and this is the facts.

    Many of the laser jammers can't find La Stealth as well.
    La Stealth takes a long time to get a lock on your car to get a speed. With veil and a radar you have time to slow down.

    I talked to escort yesterday and all i got was it was to early to tell how they are going to handle this. They would commit to nothing. Escort really didnt seem to give a f***. I was told they are always going to be behind the eight ball because new laser and radar guns come out each year.
    True but without the veil its going to be to late.

  5. #5
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Tampa bay area
    Posts
    104

    Default Re: Once again, will Escort steo up ti the plate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Radarboy12312
    Quote Originally Posted by LS1-Camaro
    I have an 8500 non X50. Will escort offer a La Stealth mode upgrade for the laser detection???? Or, will they just introduce the Escort 9500 and skrew the 8500 owners AND the X50 owners.
    I don't think Escort wants to skrew anyone.
    Why would you say that? I own an 8500 non X50 that I bought almost 5 years ago and Escort has NEVER offered an upgrade fot it or for that matter, any product EVER. What basis do you have for saying they don't want to skrew anyone in order to sell more detectors?

  6. #6
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Radar Land
    Posts
    670

    Default Re: Once again, will Escort steo up ti the plate?

    Because the pop upgrade was a hardware upgrade not a software upgrade and I really don't think Escort is trying to skrew anyone out of anything. So they are not perfect this has nothing to do with them skrewing people out of there money like you and others have said.

    When the KU upgrade comes out it shoulrd be a software upgrade so we will see.

  7. #7
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Corydon,IN
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Yes just like radar boy said it was a hardware update not a software for the Pop upgrade....I confirmed with Escort that when KU comes to the US...they will add it.... they said there is a little chip in the X50 that they program to add KU...it is a software they said.
    So I guess users who still have the original 8500 will probably have an upgrade option and cost for the KU... 8)

  8. #8
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Tampa bay area
    Posts
    104

    Default Re: Once again, will Escort steo up ti the plate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Radarboy12312
    Because the pop upgrade was a hardware upgrade not a software upgrade and I really don't think Escort is trying to skrew anyone out of anything. So they are not perfect this has nothing to do with them skrewing people out of there money like you and others have said.

    When the KU upgrade comes out it shoulrd be a software upgrade so we will see.
    OK, then give me 1 example of escort EVER upgrading. They said "never obsolete" when new threats emerge on the 8500 box. So far, 1 new threat came out and my detector is obsolete to it. So, your opinion about Escort is 100% opposite of what their history dictates. So, I base my opinion on experience, what do you base yours on? Do you know the people calling the shots over there? Are you a decision maker? Have they decided to change corporate philosophy? A new threat emerged and they decided to put engineering resources into creating a new product, rather than upgrading the 8500. Why was Valentine able to solve pop with a new software version? At that time, Escort had the "best detector in the world" before the X50, right? If it was better than the V1, why is it that V1 solved pop with just a software tweak. I beg the question, here. It is because the wat V1 runs things it is cost effective to optamize the the current product. Escort's bread is buttered by introducing new models.

  9. #9
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    K-55 land
    Posts
    414

    Default Buy an X-50 from Roy, EB** the 8500

    IIRC Escort nee CMI did a RASHID upgrade on the original Escort or Passport. But let's look at the costs (conversions based on US CPI):
    Purchase price:
    Escorts were $245---->$578.60 in today's dollars
    Passports were $299-->$706.13 in today's dollars
    Upgrade:
    The upgrade service service was $45------->$106.27 in today's dollars, so it cost $684.97--$812.58 for the new technolgy upgrade.
    In either case, it is cheaper to buy an X50 and keep your 8500 today than upgrade 25 years ago. Also, Escort maintained the same service charge for ~25 years and has actually lowered prices w/o resorting to offshore manufacturing (although I think the boards are populated offshore). Buy the X50 from Roy so that Escort profits less than from a direct sale if you feel they need some sort of reprimand for not offering an upgrade. Or wait for the successor to the X50 (in name or rev.).

  10. #10
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Radar Land
    Posts
    670

    Default Re: Once again, will Escort steo up ti the plate?

    Quote Originally Posted by LS1-Camaro
    Quote Originally Posted by Radarboy12312
    Because the pop upgrade was a hardware upgrade not a software upgrade and I really don't think Escort is trying to skrew anyone out of anything. So they are not perfect this has nothing to do with them skrewing people out of there money like you and others have said.

    When the KU upgrade comes out it shoulrd be a software upgrade so we will see.
    OK, then give me 1 example of escort EVER upgrading. They said "never obsolete" when new threats emerge on the 8500 box. So far, 1 new threat came out and my detector is obsolete to it. So, your opinion about Escort is 100% opposite of what their history dictates. So, I base my opinion on experience, what do you base yours on? Do you know the people calling the shots over there? Are you a decision maker? Have they decided to change corporate philosophy? A new threat emerged and they decided to put engineering resources into creating a new product, rather than upgrading the 8500. Why was Valentine able to solve pop with a new software version? At that time, Escort had the "best detector in the world" before the X50, right? If it was better than the V1, why is it that V1 solved pop with just a software tweak. I beg the question, here. It is because the wat V1 runs things it is cost effective to optamize the the current product. Escort's bread is buttered by introducing new models.
    Experience?. Well I,am sorry your having issues with Escort but like I said before when the pop mode upgrade came out they had to make it in the Ant, so this would be a hardware issue not a software upgrade and I,am sorry that your having issues understanding this.

    I have had my own experience with the 8500/8500X50 amd all of them have been nothing short of good.

    Like I have already said when the KU upgrade comes out it will be a software upgrade so you can just send it back to Escort in they will send it back to you as soon as they can and they will not charge you for the upgrade if you have the Extended Service Plan.

    As you know SML has reported in the 2005 test that the V1 did not see pop mode at all on the KA band so how can you say that Valentine solved the pop mode issue when indeed SML proved the V1 did not see pop?.

    Now hows that for experience?.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. all these guys selling plate covers/plate flippers etc are a joke
    By autobel in forum Other Countermeasures
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-30-2009, 10:53 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 02:11 PM
  3. In MA should I go No Plate, Veil Plate or Laser Shield Plate
    By mswlogo in forum Laser Veil Stealth Coating
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-10-2008, 06:12 PM
  4. front plate solution? angle plate slightly down (or up)
    By evilhomer in forum Laser Veil Stealth Coating
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-20-2007, 04:33 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •