Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Rural speeding X50 and Instant on

I live in Saskatchewan and my job takes me to rural areas where there is not much traffic. And quite often i'm the only one on the road. I do like to speed, but i've run into a few instant on radars. With no one infront of me for miles and miles. How safe is it for me to speed with my x50 and instant on k and ka band radar used in the area? by responding imediately can i still get a speeding ticket? I usually speed at about 70 to 90 miles and the speed limit is 62. I've been passed by few people with rd's in the area just going as fast as they want without no one in site ahead of them to take the first hit from radar guns. I have been out of fear just been speeding when I can see someone ahead of me on my side of the road so my rd can pick them getting hit first. Everywhere i read no one addresses a rural setting, it is always usa interstate. If anyone knows and has experience with x50 please let me know.

Speed Demon

If you're the only one on the road and they are using instant on there ain't no way for a radar detector to help you (there isn't anything for you to detect). The only thing you could do is get a radar jammer, which is a federal crime in the US and probably something bad in Canada too.
    Richard

Speed Demon

I agree with what Marlinspike said but I have heard of people braking very hard and delaying what speed the cops sees because of the doppler shift but I could be wrong.

Radar Fanatic

BiGeAsYgUy,

I have heard this very same thing, and believe I have beaten the gun.
    The best thing to do so you don't get a heart attack with the blast, is stay around the speed limit until someone passes you then keep them 1/4 to 3/4 of a mile in front of you as your target.

Advanced Member

Yeah, braking hard can sometimes prevent a reading.
    The gun takes a number of readings per second, if the vehicle speed is changing more than a few MPH per second it can prevent a speed lock.
    So heavy acceleration might do the same thing

Jim

Speed Demon

Which would explain the perplexed look on the cops face when my mom was doing about 65 in a 25, then we crested and saw a lady cop with a radar gun and my mom floored the brakes (a 1985 issue of car and driver did say that it "stops like the dickens"). I always thought we just got lucky and flooring the brakes was an urban legend. Guess not.
    Richard

Founder of Stealthvation

Even my mighty V1 could not save me from instant on Ka band a few years ago. You must have a guinea pig in front of you. Only then are you safe
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by marlinspike
    Which would explain the perplexed look on the cops face when my mom was doing about 65 in a 25, then we crested and saw a lady cop with a radar gun and my mom floored the brakes (a 1985 issue of car and driver did say that it "stops like the dickens"). I always thought we just got lucky and flooring the brakes was an urban legend. Guess not.
    Richard

only trouble with that is only the real old radar guns don't get a reading from heavy breaking,new ones do. The only possible way this could work with the new ones is if your driving in heavy traffic and the radar has to hunt for your signal...

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by marlinspike
    Richard

HOw many children has ur mom run over in an 25 going 65??? people like that should have there licens suspended!!!..gota respect the people that live on that road!!

Founder of Stealthvation

Good point Matt but judging by how old you look in your picture you might be one of those kids
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!