Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't Wait!

Newcomer

Default Can't Wait!

Tomorrow my 9500ix should be delivered to my house! I am excited to get this. This is my first radar detector. I'm 17 and I live in NJ. I am new to all this and I'm trying to learn everything about radar. My biggest concern (mostly other peoples to) is the cops. I want to mount it low on my windshield. The cops in my town are pretty rough so I was curious as to how good the dashboard mounts are and how the radar detector would act on it.

Experienced

Default Re: Can't Wait!

as you may have read many of us prefer to hard wire it high on the windshield to get a better view and longer range in detecting radar

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Vipers4Life View Post
    Tomorrow my 9500ix should be delivered to my house! I am excited to get this. This is my first radar detector. I'm 17 and I live in NJ. I am new to all this and I'm trying to learn everything about radar. My biggest concern (mostly other peoples to) is the cops. I want to mount it low on my windshield. The cops in my town are pretty rough so I was curious as to how good the dashboard mounts are and how the radar detector would act on it.
    Your 9500ix needs to have a clear look at the road to work properly.

Newcomer

I would do that but 2 reasons.
    1)I have to hide it from my parents because I don't wanna tell them I got it lol
    2)I don't know anything about hardwiring and I don't have the money right now to get it done.

Experienced

its prolly harder to see hardwired...and im sure with a lil help from a few members here we could walk you through it

Newcomer

It is lol. I'm gonna have to use the coiled wire that comes with it.

Experienced

if possible...the direct wire smart cord only runs $30 as is worth every bit as it gives a nice clean install and much easier then having to remove your coiled cord every time you leave your car

Experienced

you may want to try to contact some of the other RD.net users in your area as well to receive a lil help with the actual install of the hardwire when and if you decide to do that...im sure they would be more than willing to help if you are within a short drive

Stealthed Like a B-2

You need to hardwire it high for sure especially with your conditions. And anybody can do a hardwire install, its really easy and with a little help its quick and easy.

I think im going to make a thread in the upcomming future as my experiences with mounting it low have been very bad and you get much unwanted attention. If I wasn't smart and had the random feeling I had in NC I would have been toast right now. I never shared the experience as I didn't think it was that important but I've seen many posts that contridict what I thought.

Later guys

Newcomer

I am thinking about getting that and I guess if its long enough (hopefully) I can just run it along the side of the pilliars (or whatever else you call them) to the top. But I'm guessing I want it just underneath the windshield tint next to the rearview mirror?