Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    20

    Default Buying a cord from Escort when living in Canada

    So i bought an X50 and would like to buy a non-coiled hard wire cord for it. No problem, go to the escort site pick the cord add to "my basket" go to send order... oops cannot ship out of USA!! Crap now what, all i need is the $10.00 cord and i can't order one when i live in Canada. :cry: Any ideas?

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Yoda of Radar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    10,773

    Default

    Could also just use a phone cord if you don't need the display.

  4. #4
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Halifax, Canada
    Posts
    33

    Default

    I get so sick of poor customer service in Canada, I order almost everything, from DVDs, to motorcycle parts, to clothes, from American sources.

  5. #5
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    Could also just use a phone cord if you don't need the display.
    A phone cord? Do you know which input wire is power & ground? That would be nice if it worked! Thanks

  6. #6
    Yoda of Radar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    10,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy
    I get so sick of poor customer service in Canada, I order almost everything, from DVDs, to motorcycle parts, to clothes, from American sources.
    Oh yeah, I can't even get my old Saab 900 fix in Canada, I need to go to Vermont to get them

    The phone cable does work. I believe red is the ground and green is the hot, which is the reverse of what you'd think it to be. It is the same polarity as a V1, so you could use the V1, X50, RX65 with the same wire. So just find the polarity for one of those.

  7. #7
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Hmmmm, looks like i have a saturday project

  8. #8
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Tampa bay area
    Posts
    104

    Default Re: Buying a cord from Escort when living in Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by Gumby
    So i bought an X50 and would like to buy a non-coiled hard wire cord for it. No problem, go to the escort site pick the cord add to "my basket" go to send order... oops cannot ship out of USA!! Crap now what, all i need is the $10.00 cord and i can't order one when i live in Canada. :cry: Any ideas?
    ebay

  9. #9
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Yeh i've been checking e-bay but there is only one cord on there and its a smart cord :roll:

  10. #10
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    20

    Default

    what size (amp) fuse are in the cords?

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-02-2012, 12:32 PM
  2. Escort power cord
    By kkoshko in forum Escort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-16-2010, 06:14 PM
  3. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 01:03 PM
  4. Can I use an Escort Smart Cord
    By dronning in forum Beltronics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-12-2008, 06:54 PM
  5. Hardwire Escort Cord into '08 G35?
    By ping in forum Escort
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 10:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •