Good Citizen

Default 9500ix laser false alert

I have been using my ix for a few months now in my work truck a 07 f-150 mounted close to the RVM just below the black dots. Love it, works great, no complaints.
    Last weekend I put my RD in my personal truck a 97 Dodge 3500 in about the same spot next to the RVM and I do some running around town. When I get home I pull in the driveway face forward towards the closed garage door. I open the drivers door to get out of the truck and I get a laser alert. What? I close the door and it stops. Open the door and again another Laser alert. After 4 or 5 times with the same results I know it is not a coincidence. Any ideas?

Power User

Default Re: 9500ix laser false alert

Could the dome light have something to do with it? Comes on when the door opens, goes off when you close it....Strange indeed

Banned

I have seen similar posts like this before, its some kind of interference that's setting it off. Now with the ix you can lock out laser, so I would suggest doing this to cure it easily.
    Or you can buy some filtering chokes or try a few other things rather than sending it in right away.

IMO, its just interference setting it off.

Good Citizen

That is what I did. Locked out laser, but thanks to GPS I only had to do it in my driveway.
    Probably interference, just kinda weird.

Were you using an RF remote to open your garage door? If so, then the RF remote is the culprit. Their circuitry is very crude and the circuitry generates really noisy signals and harmonics. On the bright side, you have found a handy device which is capable of tripping your RD's heavily amplified laser detection circuitry. You just gotta have some fun with the remote while driving down the highway and see if you can cause laser falses in other driver's radar detectors! That would be a hoot.