Newcomer

Default Blocking select traffic camera alerts?

Hi All,

First post here. I searched around both here and in the manual that came with my 9500ix and can't seem to find the answer. Sorry if this has been asked before in advance. I am getting a couple of red light camera alerts whilst motoring down the freeway. Obviously there are no red light cameras there, though I suspect the location of some nearby surface street cameras may be the culprits. Anyway, I'm surprised the GPS receiver can't tell that I'm not on those surface streets, my Garmin unit can certainly resolve this. Now to the question;

Is there a way to selectively block or delete selected traffic camera alerts that are part of the subscription data base? Thanks again!

Banned

Default Re: Blocking select traffic camera alerts?

Quote Originally Posted by WJBertrand View Post

Is there a way to selectively block or delete selected traffic camera alerts that are part of the subscription data base? Thanks again!
    Try unmarking them, should work until you update it via USB next time, and then just unmark it again.
    Hit the MARK button to unmark.

Good Citizen

My 9500IX does this also. It goes off on the interstate as I'm crossing over an intersection with known red light cameras. I'm assuming the GPS goes off some kind of coordinates, that would explain why it goes off on the highway because your on top of the RLC intersection. I don't mind it. New to my unit, so IDK if you can turn it off or not. If you turn it off though, it's not gonna alert you to that photo radar camera when your at that intersection, just a thought.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by CJR238 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WJBertrand View Post

Try unmarking them, should work until you update it via USB next time, and then just unmark it again.
    Hit the MARK button to unmark.
    OK thanks, then it sounds like that works the same as the marks you put in yourself? That's what I was wondering but wasn't sure I should try.

Speed Demon

I have the exact same thing happen to me every day I take my daughter to school. The RD will warn me of the Red light camera, point with an arrow in the direction of the threat and display the distance.
    Doesn't bother me. I actually like it, because it lets me know that the RD is working properly!

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jmccam View Post
    I have the exact same thing happen to me every day I take my daughter to school. The RD will warn me of the Red light camera, point with an arrow in the direction of the threat and display the distance.
    Doesn't bother me. I actually like it, because it lets me know that the RD is working properly!
    RLC alerts on the freeway are the worst thing the 9500ix does IMO. I live in an area with lot of RLC's close to the freeways and it's very annoying.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jmccam View Post
    I agree, however i have never had a problem.