Newcomer

Default Difference Between a False and the Real thing......

Hi there,
    I hope someone can help me on this one. I'm from Quebec Canada and I was wondering, when my RD detects a automatic door or something which will trigger the RD on the X and K band(and not be a real radar source) will the RD detect the automatic door as far as if it was a real radar source from a cop? :?:
    I hope to hear from you guys that the false source will be weaker and therefore be detected from a smaller distance :shock:

thanks for the help
    Frank

Advanced Member

Default Re: Difference Between a False and the Real thing......

Quote Originally Posted by francescolodico
    Hi there,
    I hope someone can help me on this one. I'm from Quebec Canada and I was wondering, when my RD detects a automatic door or something which will trigger the RD on the X and K band(and not be a real radar source) will the RD detect the automatic door as far as if it was a real radar source from a cop? :?:
    I hope to hear from you guys that the false source will be weaker and therefore be detected from a smaller distance :shock:

thanks for the help
    Frank
    Yeah, usually a smaller distance. The motion sensors are lower power and are usually aimed at the ground...

Jim

Speed Demon

Youll be used to the door opener falses, the city is the worst place to speed too. You are supposed to see where the false can come from if its one.

Using TEC Mode where you can read the frequency of the radar is a good way to identify false signals you are used to seeing on regular routes. When a different frequency shows up, BEWARE. I did this yesterday. I passed a CVS with the usual K band blips when a local running K band started being picked up. I saw the new frequency and suspected a legit threat. 3/4 of a mile down the road I passed "the offender". I have become dependant on the TEC display. I like Threat Display, but Tec Display shows up to three (so far...could be more) frequencies being picked up at one time.

One day I passed a trooper Using Ka and was still picking up blips a ways down the road. I saw the different freq of the second trooper over the hill and knew there was a second threat. Without Tec Mode, I would think it was picking up the scatter of the first threat and ignor the possibility of a second threat. Good stuff!

Newcomer

My experience with falsing, as little as it may be, is that a K alert from an automatic door is usually detected at a much shorter distance. I would guess at about 150-200 feet at most. I take the same route to work each day so I know where they are and when the detector will go off.

Newcomer

wow thanks guys. never thought I would get such support in short time... Thanks for your help guys.

Something I wanted to bring up is that the RX-65 I bought about a month ago is the second RD I bought up to now. The first being a Rocky Mountain (which I didn't pay much, thank god!!! ) and the thing I noticed is that my falsing whith the 65 is detected much further than with the RMR-D210. I know when you read this message and you see Rocky mountain and further down the Mini D you'll laugh but the Mini D saved my Ass twice. But I wanted to have everything cleared up and buy one of the best on the market and here I am with the RX-65... anyway thanks a lot for the help. Very surprised to the fast response.

Speed Demon

It saved you from door openers??? :wink:

Newcomer

no it saved me twice...from a ticket... I was coming back and theres a place close to my house where you drive down a hill in a curve. Well it notified me of Ka signal and a slowed down only to see a constant on Ka radar source comming up the hill. The MiniD detected the source wheb I was a the top of the hill before the curve. It gave me a good 1000ft to 1200 feet to slow down. (now remember it's in a curve and hill) I found it cool.