Newcomer

Default My Opinion on my X50

I have had my X50 for about 3 months now. It has warned me in enough time on k and ka alerts from around corners and over hills. tech mode is cool for spotting multi mixed signals. Like a leo with ka that hides behind a k band sign. I have mine mounted low on my silver GTP and got my first laser alert today. unfortunately i was the first car comming out of aturn on the highway passing another car. as soon as my x50 went off I got on the brakes moved over to the other lane figureing i was busted the trooper came out after me i pulled over when he came up to the car he looked in said i got u at 80 in a 65 passing that other car I noticecyou tried to slow down when you saw me, those radar detectors dont always work. I said u lasered me. He tried not to smile and said you know i have to write you a ticket. I said i understand. I was going faster than 80. he was smart enough to wait and target me. My x50 screamed when i was targeted. I need some clear veil and one of those new jammers i saw on here from europe

Newcomer

about 5 months ago i was driving on I-90/94 (Chicago).driving about 79-80 on a 55 limit but most people and cops have 60 as the limit. well i was sorta speeding and acting childish as I wanted to street race with this other kid with a fast car. Well It was a miny hill and once i went over it I saw the cop. This was at about 2:00 AM. After I was over the hill i quickly slammed my brakes to get down to 60. expecting him to get out of his rest stop and chase after me and give me a ticket he decided to stay at that spot. He was prob looking for something faster. Yah radar detectors dont work well against laser. My first speeding ticket was from a laser. I relatively speed a lot WITHOUT a radar detector and I dont get caught. There is no radar detector that would protect you getting a ticekt. A jammer is the way to go.

Radar Fanatic

My first and only ticket was from laser as well

Had my friends old 8500, was going 80 in a 60(that to me wasnt speeding, i usually go 85 in a 65-70)

Anyway I heard the Laser alert.... saw the cop.... and I knew I was caught so I just slowed down and pulled over, sure enough the cop gave me a ticket

This was the night before the V1 arrived!

I have bought Veil since then but no laser encounter yet

Professional

Hey, when the cop is waiting and you are first to show up---well then you are Done, thats just the way it is and when I speed I have to have a leader or 2 8)

Newcomer

ive gotten out of a lot of tickets but my luck ran out like a month ago when i got caught going 68 on a 45mpg highway. after a few weeks after the ticket, i take that road again and sure enough the cop was there agian. i was speeding again but wasnt going that fast. last time the cop got me when i was 835 feet behind him. he was right off to the side ,just after the entrance of a exit. after i got my ticket i said to myself i shouldve just exited and he couldnt catch me cause the next exit was about a mile away.. he couldnt just turn around while traffic was coming at him to go catch me so this time i saw the cop and luckily exited before he can get me..i glanced at him as i exited and i think he was pretty mad that he couldnt get me...haha i sure showed him

Speed Demon

I guess I'am one of the lucky ones as I have never had any kind of speeding ticket yet. I'am sure the way I drive its just a matter of time before I get ticketed but not so far.

Radar Fanatic

getting a ticket is like winning the lottery

Quote Originally Posted by AYZeRo7
    ... a 45mpg highway...
    wow. I'd never get a ticket on 45 mile per gallon highway.

:mrgreen:

Banned

im not to sure if u guys were on the forum when this happen to me got a blinder solve the problem right up i pulled over for the cop and everything i knew i was busted