Quote Originally Posted by compu44
Quote Originally Posted by carlito
Quote Originally Posted by squonk
Thanks for the info. Does it just beep once every 5 seconds or several times? Reason I am asking is my RX65 beeped about 5 times in a row this morning and it was nothing I recognized as an alert. It sounded like a pager beeping. It didnt sound like any of the band alerts. Unfortunately, I still had it in dark mode from last night so I didnt see anything on the display and the voice alert didn't activate either.
will folks my vector 895 did this today i had the rd on win i trun my car on i heard something beep it went to self cal message then it went to servise req message it was beeping like a pager the message was flashing to then i turn off the unit for about 5 sec then i turn it back on and everything seems ok what do you think should i send it to bel or should i wait and see what happens. the memory that i had set on my rd did a reset i had to fix the v and put it back to city no x man it sucks when your rd does this i have never had this problem before that is why i am asking on what i should do :?
carlito

Just from a paranoia standpoint, I'd send it in. You don't want to find out too late that it was important. Being that it's an 895, you've had it for less than a year, so the calibration will be free, you just pay shipping.
i guess i should :wink: thanks!

CARLITO