Thread: No more KA?

Default No more KA?

I bought a RX65 a couple of months ago and it detected the NYPD's radar guns (KA band) pretty good. But now its been a month and I get nothing. I travel down the same roads and highway everyday going to work so I know where they hide. I pass by them everysingle time at the usual speed trap but I get nothing. When I first got the RX65 they usually leave their radar guns on constant. So could they be using instant-on now and I didnt pick it up each time?

The detector is always on (highway)dark mode so I cant see if it self-cal or anything...could this be it? X and K band still works when I pass automated doors etc.

thanks for the help

Old Timer

Maybe they have switched to laser?

I am not gonna lie, the laser alert on the rx65 is total crap.

As for the self cal. ever think about brightening the display to look?

wow can laser detection be that bad that I never detected it even once?

I hardwired the detector and placed it on the passenger's visor so I cant see it....I rely on the sound alerts.

Old Timer

If you mount the rx65 high, you will never get a laser alert unless you got a staggering cop that aims it at the windshiled, which even then im not sure it would alert.

During GOL tests, the rx65 was unbelievably poor at laser detection. Soem of the times the laser gun would be aimed at it and there would be no alert.

If you are looking for some good protection, the blinder and the rx65 would be a good couple

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    Maybe they have switched to laser?

I am not gonna lie, the laser alert on the rx65 is total crap.

As for the self cal. ever think about brightening the display to look?
    Most likely using laser and brighten screen to check for a message

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Good Citizen

I have the RX65 and I was hit with lazer and it did just fine. mounted middle of windshield on 99 tahoe (white). also goes off around msp airport and rochester airport

fyI

I'll mount it lower near the dash and see how it goes for a few weeks :cry: .....

Just to double check, I read on another thread that if it self-calibrates then it should make beeping sounds right?

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: No more KA?

Quote Originally Posted by fussion_101
    I bought a RX65 a couple of months ago and it detected the NYPD's radar guns (KA band) pretty good. But now its been a month and I get nothing. I travel down the same roads and highway everyday going to work so I know where they hide. I pass by them everysingle time at the usual speed trap but I get nothing. When I first got the RX65 they usually leave their radar guns on constant. So could they be using instant-on now and I didnt pick it up each time?

The detector is always on (highway)dark mode so I cant see if it self-cal or anything...could this be it? X and K band still works when I pass automated doors etc.

thanks for the help
    Are you getting any Ka band alerts at all? If not, your Ka receiver may be dead. That happened to me with one of my BELs. You should at least be picking up Crapras.

It could be they are using laser now or being very selective at targeting vehicles with instant-on. But if you get no Ka alerts at all I would have it serviced.

GTO_04

I had a Ka alert once (for ~7or8 seconds) on the highway 2 weeks ago. It was kinda weird...it came from this police car that said park police on the side. I was following behind them and 2 miles later they pulled over a MB s500 :?

Ill drive it with the display on for a while and make sure I have no self cal and probably sell it on ebay for 150. Save some money and get the V1 and blinder :wink:

well it works.....i think

I was on the belt parkway(for the NY'ers) going home and I got a blip of Ka for a second and then it turned to K for 3seconds as I round a small bend I could see lights strobing from an unmarked police car on the opposite side. Just as I get closer to him and seeing him preparing to step out of the car I get laser alert. 1/8 of a mile later I get laser alert again.

So is the RX65 working properly?