Newcomer

Default How can I tell if Im buying from an authorized seller?

Pretty much made up my mind to pick up an RX65. Having read that the warranty will not be honored if ot purchased from an authorized seller and seeing how many people need to send their detectors in for service I would like to make sure I purchase from an authorized seller. How can I determine this?

Old Timer

buy from roy and you wont have a problem

Administrator

Default ME

How can I determine this?
    Radarbusters.com is an authorized dealer...
    Look for the authorized dealer logo on the website(s)
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Good Citizen

It’s also a good idea to check with the manufacturer to see if the dealer in question is legitimate. Anyone can copy or link to the little picture on an online store, or hang a sign in a brick-and-mortar store.

One of the news stations in our area had a special on that a few months ago; mainly with Alpine. All of the stereo systems in town who claimed to be authorized dealers with all the logos were in fact not authorized dealers. They had all the “legitimate signs” but when the news station contacted Alpine, they were informed that these dealers were not authorized, and none of the warranties given out at these stores would be honored.

I know Roy’s site is legitimate, but I would check any other site that claims the same. And since I’m a total stranger to you, you probably shouldn’t take me for my word but check him out as well for yourself. ;-)

Just good old common sense when you are getting ready to lay down a wad of dough.

Newcomer

I bought a set of Atlantic Technology speakers from a brick and mortor. They had the signs, said they were official, etc. This was a big store, filled with high end stuff and certainly looked the part. They were not though. The tweeter in the center speaker died about two months after I bought the set. When I contacted AT they informed me that the dealer was not an authorized dealer. I spoke to them for a while and explained the situation and they ended up honoring the warranty anyways. They have reputation for excellent service in the home theater world and it proved out. Now Im a little more wary about such things.

Power User

I picked up my X50 at my neighborhood 'friendly' Best Buy retail store... am I safe as far as legitimacy, warranties, and all that good stuff?

Power User

I would advise you to buy a x50 from Roy! :wink: I think it's an all around better detector! Display's better/easier to read,tones are better, looks better, and the performance over hills and around corners seem's to be better (I own em' both) but hey that's just my opinion!! 8)