I have been reading CJR238's excellent overview thread on truelock, etc., and also a lot of the other threads on 9500ci setup to figure out the optimal running configuration for me in Miami (I drive mainly macarthur causeway, I-195, I-95, and US1).
From the various threads here's by sense of where most of the forum tends to fall (bearing in mind many differences of opinion):
1) Run in "Auto" (not AutoNoX because that is highly desensitized)
2) Switch of X band in the band setup since X is not authorized for LEO use in Florida
3) Use Expert mode for meter to help identify multiple signal alerts in areas where you may have a truelock in place
4) Use autolearn for a short period (maybe 2 weeks of driving?) to block out the main falses, but then switch it off and manually block out alerts. (SEE POLL ABOVE)
5) Use automute
6) Default marker should be Speed Trap for max alert distance
Any thoughts or violent disagreements? Anything missing? Anyone use Speed Alert or Safety Radar settings? Also does anyone know why CJR238 has POP off?