Well I have had my ix for almost a week now and I found some things out I don't like and like.
1. I think the windshield mount needs some improvement.
It was hard to get it straight and had to bend the bracket twice to get it level.
It still wiggles a lot but I have a convertible and there is less windshield support than a coupe. (It wiggles too).
2. Auto volume is too low but I can fix that by setting it to manual.
3. The usb should be able to power the unit in the house when I am doing updates on the computer. Hello Escort fix this please!!!
1. I really like how easy it is to use and change settings.
2. less falses.
3. Picks up really far.
3. Ear piece if needed, because I have a convertible.
4. The camera data base so I know where they are.
5. Auto mute.
6. Auto learn if I choose to use it some day.
7. SWS if I choose to use it someday.
8. And so on.
I have auto learn off until I get used to the new detector.
I have been using it with x band on and had something strange happen.
I was on a semi busy road and when I crossed the rail road tracks almost dead center I got a x 10.511 3 to 4 beeps then it stopped. There are no business around to make it go off and it happens every time I cross there. There are no cross arms at that crossing and it is the only set of tracks to do this.
Today when I came home I turned in front of our home and bam KA 35.?? (I forget) 6 to 7 beeps then full blast. I turned the corner pointing the other way and it stops.
I back into the driveway and it starts up again same thing. I'm looking around to see what cop is using radar in the neighborhood. Come to find out he is 3 blocks over and down a couple and I was picking him up through all those homes. WOW.
By the way I keep it on the highway setting all the time. I live in a small town and I drive 1 mile from home and I am in farm country. Long straight roads.
I was driving the river road this morning (it has some curves) and I started to get a K alert (again I forget the freq) and it was beeping a long time slowly getting faster then after a mile or so there was the Sheriff. Thank you 9500ix for doing your job so well.
This weekend I am taking a trip from Detroit to Tampa I75 all the way. What should I look out for in Georgia and Florida? I drive quite a bit from Mi to Tennessee so I know what to expect there and should I turn X band off and why?