Default Trade in Solo S2 for X50?

Hey guys. I'm new to this board. I have a question. I bought the Solo S2 about a month and a half ago because I wanted a wireless detector to minimize dashboard clutter. Now that I look back upon the purchase, I realize that it doesn't really matter, I don't really need a wireless detector. I have the chance to trade in my S2 for an X50. Do you guys think the performance difference warrants a trade?

Professional

Yes.

The X50 blows the Solo S2's performance out of the water any day, which is why the S2 is not considered one of the "big three" despite it costing as much as the RX-65 and more than the X50. The only reason I'd ever suggest an S2 to anyone is if they live in a jurisdiction where detectors are illegal, and they don't want to hardwire a detector in a covert location.

Yoda of Radar

Yes go with the x50

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by bcorby
    Yes.

The X50 blows the Solo S2's performance out of the water any day, which is why the S2 is not considered one of the "big three" despite it costing as much as the RX-65 and more than the X50. The only reason I'd ever suggest an S2 to anyone is if they live in a jurisdiction where detectors are illegal, and they don't want to hardwire a detector in a covert location.
    I wouldn't say that it blows it out of the water, actually their quite close & I have noticed the s2 doesn't false nearly as much!

Old Timer

less falsing because it probibally doesnt have the range to detect the falses

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by bcorby
    Yes.

Very well said... and S2 ain't cheap at all, it cost me US$318 (at least no tax in Montana), but do I have other choice :?: :roll: :x

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    less falsing because it probibally doesnt have the range to detect the falses
    Really can't tell much difference! In my area there are several spots that the local sheriff's deputy's run radar and the solo pick's it up at about the same distance as the x50, rx65 and v1.

Is the x50 better yes but by very little!

Professional

a guy that i talked to at a mall. he had a solo s2 and i had to talk to him but anyway he swears that it is as good as the x50 but then again thats his word and order to really find out i would have to buy this rd but i really dont need to i have the b x50 REV 5 and it kicks :wink: allways gives me plenty of time to slow down when i am being hit with insant-on KA or constant-on KA radar allways!.now K band is excellent very good at that band i think it does better at picking up that band than KA but we all know KA can be a ***** to pick it up

carlito

Newcomer

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd
    Auto power (off) detector is on all the time!