Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Locking out X band in Colorado

I'm yet to see a LEO use X band in Colorado, is it safe for me to turn this off?

Newcomer

Default Re: Locking out X band in Colorado

According to the radar bands by town list, there is no X band in the entire state of Colorado, so you will probably be safe turning it off, but this is no guarantee that you will never see it.

I think you'll be ok turning off X band.

For more information:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...-8-6-09-a.html

Radar Fanatic
    On the Darknet (LEVEL 10 Telecommunicator) in Tucson, AZ

Except for the occasional wacker that bought a K-55 of off eBay and he thought that he was buying a K-Band Radar setup and instead it is an X-Band set up.

The wacker bought it to watch you hit the brakes when he zaps you.

Honestly I have driven all over the state of Colorado and have yet to run up against a LEO with X band.

You should be fine...

Radar Fanatic

You'll be fine without it, a few years ago there was an encounter on this board that claimed Castle Rock PD had "confirmed X-band" but I never encountered it in my visits there. I more believe it was a case of a poor detector that was being used at the time.

Newcomer

That's what I was thinking, thank you! I think it's worth the risk since I really don't get many false alerts with it set with X band off.

Newcomer

I think I know the answer to this, but what about turning off K band? I have not actually sees any LEO's using it but it seems like it's more likely then X band. Thanks in advance!

Edit: Never mind I just looked at the Radar Bands by town sticky, sorry for wasting everyones time! Thank again for everything you guys are great!
    Last edited by YaskY; 10-30-2009 at 10:11 AM.

Good Citizen

Never seen X, Saw a K on I-70 in an avalanche. Nonetheless, I am keeping X on

Radar Fanatic
    On the Darknet (LEVEL 10 Telecommunicator) in Tucson, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by niko303 View Post
    I am just guessing but keeping X on without need may slow your RD's reaction time to the band you do need.

Quote Originally Posted by YaskY View Post
    I think I know the answer to this, but what about turning off K band? I have not actually sees any LEO's using it but it seems like it's more likely then X band. Thanks in advance!

Edit: Never mind I just looked at the Radar Bands by town sticky, sorry for wasting everyones time! Thank again for everything you guys are great!
    Please, DO NOT turn off K-band when and if you are traveling through the city of Colorado Springs to include I-25 through town. If you do decide to turn K-band off, you stand a very good chance of being picked up by Colorado Springs' notorious motorcycle cops. Most Colorado Springs moto cops have the K-band guns although I have picked up one that was using a Ka band gun though.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by WRX STiMULi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by niko303 View Post
    I am just guessing but keeping X on without need may slow your RD's reaction time to the band you do need.
    Can anyone confirm this? I'm interested knowing =)
    I live in the Charlotte, NC area. People I know and myself haven't come across X-band, I'm thinking about turning it off...