Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yoda of Radar

Default Maybe I am just this bored at work today or......

I am starting to wonder if the poor performance I got from my RX 65 was a result of it being from Ebay? Some day I would like to see someone do some side by side tests of 2 RX 65s. One from Roy and one from Ebay. Sound dumb? I don't think so.......

People seem to love them.....maybe it was I got screwed......

Radar Fanatic

thatd be an interesting test. id like to see it done

ES13Raven

Did you buy it supposedly "new" or was it definitely used?

Yoda of Radar

Also people have reportedly replaced the 'guts' of the detector with a lower model detector...and this could also be the case with the ebayer.

(This is not my original idea nor am I claiming it as one)....but many people on this site have said it before and its very possibly (however unlikely) this could be what happened.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by ES13Raven
    Did you buy it supposedly "new" or was it definitely used?
    It was new. Still wrapped in plastic etc. Warranty card etc inside.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore
    Also people have reportedly replaced the 'guts' of the detector with a lower model detector...and this could also be the case with the ebayer.

(This is not my original idea nor am I claiming it as one)....but many people on this site have said it before and its very possibly (however unlikely) this could be what happened.
    Maybe it was an RX 55 inside......that may explain the....wait I can't say that either.....

ES13Raven

I don't see how they could easily do this, when at start-up the screen shows "Bel RX65" and you can tell the firmware revision by doing a hard reset.

Yoda of Radar

I don't see how they could easily do this, when at start-up the screen shows "Bel RX65" and you can tell the firmware revision by doing a hard reset.
    That's a good point. I am sure they could get it to do that but would it really be that much cheaper to produce?

Power User

RX55 doesnt do KU either does it?

Yoda of Radar

Yea I just thought about this...doesnt make sense to be able to do this on higher end detectors... (I showed the following guy some RX65 data online and pictures and everything I could find on it).

I asked a computer/technology engineer (I went to HS with...a friend of mine)....he said he would have no problem creating any set of false information to be able to be displayed across the screen for pretty cheap he said....remember its just a simple set of electronic components.

Overall this was his whole idea:

In summary (he got a little to technical for me): Anyone with knowledge into the matter could do it he said for a small price, and have it be an effective scam, however most people he said could not fabricate anything to that extent, so the odds are very unlikely that anyone actually did that. So I guess it was not gutted (in all odds).