Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default X50 Experience & New Member

HI EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!! as the title states I am new to this forum and have only owned 1 detector before my Wonderful Girlfriend bought me a early XMAS present. I went from a Cobra 9300 RD that I had for 2 years now. Granted It was a POS that falsed everywhere!!!!!!!! I had it save my Butt a couple of times, with very ample time, this was on K band by the way.

I have had my X50(4 year warrenty) for 2 days now..... I dont know if I should trade it in for a V1 or not (there is alot of people who say it is the best) First off let me tell you my settings. I have it set to X off and POP on. The first day I had it i just got onto the freeway and while i was still on the ramp I got 2-3 bar alert on KA and that went to full alert after about 7 seconds. It turns out that it was a a highway patrol on the oposite side of the freeway comming my way about 80mph while i was going around 70 ish. Plenty of time if you ask me becuase of our speeds we where going.

Now today, I got onto the freeway and bam full aleart KA it scared me but it turns out that about 1000ft away was a HP that had a car pulled over. Then 10 mins later my radar gives me a weak KA alert and slowy goes to full alert where I saw a cop having someone pulled over, I had about 1.5 miles to this alert. Then about 30 mins later, I hear my dector go Ka Full alert a loud BRAP noise..... then it said POP, about 10 seconds later I see Bike Cop going the opposite way on the freeway. I thought it was pretty cool i got a POP detection with decent time to react. (I love in So. Cal)

Ok I know I should have mentioned this earlier but i was on a Business trip and had a 300 mile round trip drive today. After all the alerts I have mentioned i saw 4-5 other Police cars, 2 of them where Undercover and I have not got a warning from them, I know we have radar detectors not cop detectors. :P

Anyhow as far as falses go I have had 3-4 falses with a weak K alert for 5 seconds at most on my trip today, I know this is expected with POP on but man o man did it prove to me today to keep it on!!

Well this is pretty much the end of my story, thanks for reading and I will keep you updated with my experiences. Now does anyone think that the V1 is much better? I dont need arrows (i know its very nice to see where the alerts are comming from) cause when I hear an alert I slow down right away. But is the distance of the v1 that much better? Falses to me dont seem to bother me right now, I dont think they will either, at least not where I live.

Thanks for reading.....

Matthew

Guys I know laser is hard to detect but since, I dont care to much about using it because since if it detects it you are nailed if speeding..... Would the performance of detecting k and KA be better on my X50 if X and Laser are disabled since it does not have to scan those area's? I may just have to try and find out if this makes it more sensitive but I was hoping that maybe someone has insight.

Thanks.

Matthew

Advanced Member

truning off X and Laser won't improve your range....

The V1 isn't much different range wise

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Advanced Member

CVR is correct, laser is a completely separate circuit so it doesn't matter if it is on or off. Turning off X-band is only going to turn off sweeping of a small 50 MHz section. This is a very small section of the entire sweep compared to Ka band's 2.6 GHz, so there won't be any perceptable difference.

Jim

Yoda of Radar

Yeah, as stated the V1 will not give you a very much better (if any) range as far as the aspect of radar...Most of the 'big 3 detectors' are so close that they could go either way (as far as radar is concerned), one pass through a Constant on speed trap the v1 might alert 2 seconds sooner, the next trap down the road the x50 2 seconds sooner.

Either way you cant go wrong, if you have a x50 I wouldnt see any need to change, as you can tell it has already served you well.
    :wink:

Thanks guys for the knowledgeable insight.

Power User

Stay with the X-50. I have all of the big 3 and it is my second favorite. If you watch some of our guys of lidar videos during some of our split screen runs you will see it does quite well on laser.

The only thing you are missing fromt the V-1 is arrows, the best laser, and the stealthnest, and the 80's looks.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Outrun
    Stay with the X-50. I have all of the big 3 and it is my second favorite. If you watch some of our guys of lidar videos during some of our split screen runs you will see it does quite well on laser.

The only thing you are missing fromt the V-1 is arrows, the best laser, and the stealthnest, and the 80's looks.
    Just out of curiosity, why did you rank the RX65 last?? (I'm assuming the V1 is in first.)

Power User

I ranked it last mostly because it does not go full alert like x50 and v-1. Also the laser sensitivity is not near as good. Laser I don't think matters a whole lot though because once you get hit that is it.

between the x50 and the v1 are they both still similar in rear radar detection?