Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WI has POP

Speed Demon

Default WI has POP

After traveling in wisconsin for christmas time I encountered a 100% verified POP alert on exit 45 in Menomonie, WI.
    It could have been a State boy or Dunn county cop.
    I know how Dunn county likes there speed trap toys being from there. The rx65 saves the day..

Yoda of Radar

How do you know it was a pop? I had a 65 and wasn't aware it made a diff sound....

Speed Demon

The Display says POP
    I was moving south on county road B toward exit 45 when i saw a car pull out of the gas station as we approched he was moving slow and Bingo POP alert.
    We then got close enough to see the light bar on the car.
    WI make sure you have it enabled..

Power User

I wouldn't say that is 100%. It could have been a POP false. 100% or 99% would be if the cop was set up in a STATIONARY speed trap, in a rural area and there were no other cars around. The POP alert could have been caused by a lot of different things. Since the cop was moving and pulling out of a gas station, I find it hard to believe it was POP radar from that LEO.

Advanced Member

I have gotten POP warnings from a full instant on Blast

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Radar Fanatic

This is not the first time I have heard that WI is using POP. Another forum member warned me last summer that POP-capable MPH units were in use near Milwaukee and Manitowoc. (I was there on business). Cyberblob is probably right about this one.

Good Citizen

Great just what we need. The most overbearing highway patrol in the country having another tool in their arsonal. When I was still working in Chicago I knew of several officers who were written a UUW prior to the passage of H.R. 218. You would think that a little professional courtesy would be in order. WI highway patrol also demand payment on the spot from out of state drivers.

Newcomer

Yah, mackid swears he's been hit with POP Milwaukee side of wisc state.

Dangnabit. My X50 falses on POP more then favre throws interceptions...

Thanks for the headsup cyberblob.

Professional

well folks i my self know that one local cop here is useing PoP KA radar.
    today thats right today i got one real PoP alert from a cop the frist alert was PoP full alert then it went dead for like 2 seconds then it whent to 5 or 6 bars instant-on regular hit then
    he left his unit on my x50 was going fullblast 7 bars solid tone he was like maybe half a mile or a little less than that i could see him from long way tho anyway i hAD TO see what kind of radar unit it was i almost had a breakdown a crash :x but i flipped out when i saw the beeIII PoP unit.well all i can say to my friends here in tulsa,ok u better turn on PoP mode on your radar detectors beacuse we have the bee III MPH police radar units here!!!

carlito

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by fasthappy
    Yah, mackid swears he's been hit with POP Milwaukee side of wisc state.
    my pop instances

1) i'm almost certian that after i passed a milwaukee county sheriff that he POP'ed a car that was a bit behind me and then hit him with instant on k band. i was just pulling off the freeway when i got the POP alert and then a weak k band. then the guy that was behind me pulled up next to me and the sheriff wasnt long behind him . light turned green and his lights went wild.
    2) also, i was on my way downtown and got a pop alert in 45mph traffic. i rounded a small corner and saw a cop sitting on the opposite side on ramp. traffic on the other side was moving a bit quicker and i'd have imagined that he was hitting a few of them. i got a ka alert after i had passed him so i assume he was using a bee III with pop to instant on. i dont remember the spec display number, but i believe it was close to the bee. (that is ka band pop, correct?)
    3) i was crossing the interchange by miller park (the brewers baseball stadium) and got a 33.8 bee III ka band instant on hit from someother direction on the freeway (not the way i was traveling, but on one of the places crossing it). then it died, then POP to that frequency again, and POP and again and POP and again. so i believe that at least one milwaukee county sheriff is equipped with a beeIII for certian

those are my pop stories, take them for what they are worth

Quote Originally Posted by fasthappy
    Dangnabit. My X50 falses on POP more then favre throws interceptions...
    that must be an astronomical amount :wink: