I needed to buy a new direct wire cable anyway, so I went ahead and got the new mount. With the deep cold we've been having, the small suction cups have been a real pain. At first I didn't think I was going to be able to use the new mount because it caused the RD to extend out past the RVM, which would cause blind spots. But then I tried it under the RVM, and it worked better. It's not as stealthy as the former mount, which was above and to the left of the RVM, but it still looks ok. And it's still pretty high up on the windshield. I've left the mount stuck to the windshield overnight in single digit temps and it holds fine.