Newcomer

Default Newbie...Please Help

Hi,

im new to this forum and just wanted to get some info on radar detectors from all...I live on Long Island, am 17, and want to get a radar detector...

It all started on a sunday night coming home from manhattan (1 hour from home) with my friends. we had visited the city for the day and it was not the best day...My friend got robbed and lost 200 dollars and we were at the precient for 5 hours b/c they caught the robbers, but they had no $ on them at the time...so it was a long day, we all had school the next day so when we finally got out of the police department i drove us all home and on our way back on the Norhthern State (55mph speed limit) i was driving 75 b/c there were no cars on the road and our curfews were like 11pm on a school night and it was 11 when i left the city...so of course the state troopers are on the side of the road hiding and one must have gunned me and pulled me over...lucky for me i had the greatest story/reason ever (above) so he let me off, but i dont think ill get off again so now i want a radar detector...

im looking at the Bel Express 935 or the Bel Express 795...Can someone please tell me the difference between the two?!

also will this suit my needs? i only want to pick up on cops in the area...gunning people!

thanks alot guys,

Nick

Advanced Member

Default Re: Newbie...Please Help

Quote Originally Posted by Ace2525
    im looking at the Bel Express 935 or the Bel Express 795...Can someone please tell me the difference between the two?!
    These two detectors are basically built on the same "platform" so the radar protection shouldn't be much different between the two. Any differences are probably in the features, for example the text display on the 935 vs LEDs on the 795.

Jim

Newcomer

Yea thats what i thought the difference was, and if thats it and they perform the same im going to get the 935 b/c its text not LED...any other input? thanks

Power User

Yeah, have a rabbit in front of you or at least some traffic. Having others in front getting targeted, allows your RD to pick up the speed trap ahead. If you are all by yourself, and the officer targets you, its too late, the officers already has your speed by the time you react and slow down.

Newcomer

ok so now another one came to my attention, the bel express 925....can someone please list the Bel Express Models and tell me the difference from all of them and give me advice as to which i should get!

thanks alot guys, Nick