Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Installed Detector

Looking for Feedback with regards to the best custom or conceled install. Can't afford 9500ci, budget is between $1000-500 would prefer obviously to spend closer to 500 if possible. However, I do want the best or near best for the money. Considered the Q-45, but been told it lacks the actual sensitivity to my current 9500i. STI-R is now unavailable (Confirm??) However, I have been looking into the SR7 but haven't really found any actual spec's on performance. Any specifics on input would be greatly appreciated.

My area mostly KA, K laser off and on maybe 1-2 a week.
    Utah Salt Lake Area.

Thanks again

snoopyc4

Default Re: Installed Detector

Bel STi-r

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by snoopyc4 View Post
    Bel STi-r
    agree,,u can find Sti-R for $520-599 ,but mostly likely from unauthorized belscort dealers.

Speed Demon

Isn't STi-r discontinued

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by newkid View Post
    Isn't STi-r discontinued
    It is, but there are still a few out there. It can still be had if you look hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Stilldrivin View Post
    Considered the Q-45, but been told it lacks the actual sensitivity to my current 9500i. STI-R is now unavailable (Confirm??) However, I have been looking into the SR7 but haven't really found any actual spec's on performance. Any specifics on input would be greatly appreciated.
    The 9500i, SR7 and Qi-45 all perform virtually identically. Manufacturer's variance would be about all that seperates these three.

Quote Originally Posted by newkid View Post
    My area mostly KA, K laser off and on maybe 1-2 a week.
    Utah Salt Lake Area.
    Based on this, I'd get a laser jammer before a remote detector, unless you already have one. Any decent RD will provide plenty of radar protection for Salt Lake City.

Good Citizen

Jammer I worry for the sheer fact its illegal and I really don't want to have to deal with that type of a ticket if caught. I also know little or nothing about how they work or the chances of actually being caught with one. The detector issue is mainly with I don't want a windshielf mount as well as I would truly love some additional sensitivity.

Dj Rams, sniper4usmc, and snoopy: Any ideas to start on? I have only found the RX-75 I think that Belscort dealers carry...

Professional

Jammer I worry for the sheer fact its illegal and I really don't want to have to deal with that type of a ticket if caught. I also know little or nothing about how they work or the chances of actually being caught with one. The detector issue is mainly with I don't want a windshielf mount as well as I would truly love some additional sensitivity.

Dj Rams, sniper4usmc, and snoopy: Any ideas to start on? I have only found the RX-75 I think that Belscort dealers carry...
    You can look up what the ticket is for a jammer in your state. Usually its less than a speeding ticket so no biggie. If you want to go laser transponder(read jammer) you can get a blinder m27 for ~400 and upgrade later for rear protection. If you want to go radar I'd look for an Sti-r or wait and see if they offer the plus in the states.

snoopyc4

Any ideas to start on?
    I'd still search for a Bel STi-r. I'd take that any day over the RX-75.

If laser is used in your area, you either get a jammer or you simply slow down. There are no alternatives. Jammers are illegal in your but speeding is too. If you use your jammer properly and don't JTG, you should not be suspected of jamming.

You aren't the first forum member to consider using a jammer where the are illegal. Many others have come before you from California, Ontario, and other places where they are illegal and they haven't reported any problems with their LEOs suspecting them of jamming. Using a jammer is quite easy. You receive the laser alert, slow to the PSL quickly, and kill the jammers. That's it.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by snoopyc4 View Post
    Any ideas to start on?
    I'd still search for a Bel STi-r. I'd take that any day over the RX-75.

If laser is used in your area, you either get a jammer or you simply slow down. There are no alternatives. Jammers are illegal in your but speeding is too. If you use your jammer properly and don't JTG, you should not be suspected of jamming.

You aren't the first forum member to consider using a jammer where the are illegal. Many others have come before you from California, Ontario, and other places where they are illegal and they haven't reported any problems with their LEOs suspecting them of jamming. Using a jammer is quite easy. You receive the laser alert, slow to the PSL quickly, and kill the jammers. That's it.
    For sure I am not the only one and I doubt I will be the last member to raise such a concern ha ha. I do enjoy your comment of justification of illegal acts!

Whats the difference between the STI-R and the RX-75? They appear to be the same/similar?
    (I do understand I this is more of a beltronics threq question)

Yoda of Radar

Whats the difference between the STI-R and the RX-75?
    About 6-9dB on all bands.