Thread: Chirps?

Radar Fanatic

Default Chirps?

I had several Bel rds in the past and the one thing that drove me nuts were the chirps given off upon detecting radar. I dont know if the modern Bel's still have the chirps or have gone to a tone alert. For those of you who might already have a STI, what are the sound alerts like? Drive safely and happy motoring.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    Guys the audio on BELs don't allow for full audio alert...HOWEVER the bar graph will show a full alert! And if you can't tell it's a full alert you deserve to be slapped.

Here is a video I made where you can hear a Ka, K, and POP alert at full tone!
    An excellent demonstration

My older Bel985 sounds the same, I believe this unit was a rx65?, I believe the STi is the same.

Good Citizen

Default Re: Chirps?

Quote Originally Posted by CactusMan
    I had several Bel rds in the past and the one thing that drove me nuts were the chirps given off upon dececting radar. I dont know if the modern Bel's still have the chirps or have gone to a tone alert. For those of you who might already have a STI, what are the sound alerts like? Drive safely and happy motoring.
    The STi has the same chirps as your probably used to.

Radar Fanatic

Thanks, I appreciate the comments and the video.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by amoney
    Guys the audio on BELs don't allow for full audio alert...HOWEVER the bar graph will show a full alert! And if you can't tell it's a full alert you deserve to be slapped.

My older Bel985 sounds the same, I believe this unit was a rx65?, I believe the STi is the same.
    it is a BEL Vector 995 but that detector sounds the same as other high en BEL detectors including the BEL rx65 and BEL STi

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by amoney

it is a BEL Vector 995 but that detector sounds the same as other high en BEL detectors including the BEL rx65 and BEL STi
    duh! I should have noted your signature. Thanks for pointing that out, certainly appears that all Bels follow the same type of alert tone/chirp.