Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I got lasered sitting at a stop light 2 times?

I am a little confused here. My new X50 gave me 2 laser warnings while I was sitting at a stop light tonight. The first one was about a solid 3 seconds long and 5 seconds later I got hit for a solid 5 seconds. They were not faint alerts either. They went solid full alert. I never got the chance to see if there was actually a cop up ahead with a laser gun because my ramp to get on the highway was right after the intersection. I have never once got a false laser signal from my Bel 980. With that detector I got nailed once with Laser and sure enough there was the cop pointing at me. Thats the only time I ever heard a laser alert out of the 980. I have had the X50 for 2 days now and I get hit twice while sitting still at a light? Something sounds fishy unless it was picking up a lidar down the road a little.

Were you sitting behind another car? Their brake lights might have set off your laser alert. It happens.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiVM
    Were you sitting behind another car? Their brake lights might have set off your laser alert. It happens.

Actually no I was sitting right up front first in line at the stop light. :?

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiVM

Actually no I was sitting right up front first in line at the stop light. :?
    (First off any hit with LASER on the x50 it will light up full alert)

A few explinations of this alert could be...

-Possible alert from an actual LEO Lasering the traffic infront of/around you. (The traffic which would have the green light)

-Possible LEO Lasering people at your stoplight to make sure they copmpletely stop before they take a right turn.

-Maybe a neon sign around could be giving you a false...happens with the V1 (because of its outstanding laser detection).

-Something to do with the actual traffic light itself.

Anycase I wouldnt worry about it to much Laser falses are few and far between, you are stepping up to a bit better laser detection then the 980 to the x50. Its the price you pay for better laser detection...Look at the V1 it has clearly the most superior laser detection, but yet can be falsey around Neon signs and other such things (I believe 'Dilip' has said where he lives it can be a false area) ...its just the price you pay...

Personally as far as laser goes I would rather have 2falses and 1hit and respond to all the of them, then no falses and no hits because the detector doesnt see the laser, because it lacks solid laser detection.

Banned

Agreed, Air moore
    Check out this video from Jason, The X-50 goes off twice,
    http://www.jasonsvideoproductions.com/allenblinder.wmv
    the X-50 has good laser detection, if laser is a BIG threat I would consider taking the X 50 back and getting a V1 cause V1 everyone can agree has the best Laser detection, radar is excellent to, especially instant on. No radar is as fast as picking up instant on, that the V1. The guy who shot the video I went to his house and he has a k band baseball gun and we were trying to shoot as fast as we could and the V1 picked up 90% of the triggers, my Vector 985 picked up 10% of the fast triggers. big difference. We didnt the X 50 but jason did do one of the RX-65
    http://www.jasonsvideoproductions.com/triggers.wmv
    and the RX-65 and the X 50 are pretty much the same detector except with laser. X 50 has better laser detection.
    What am i saying? well if laser is a small threat then you should be fine. X 50 does have good laser detection but if you want the best get the V1. also if instant on is a bigger threat the I would consider the V1 as well, again the X 50 is good but the V1 I consider the best, everyone who has seen the V1 in action would agree.
    I am not knocking the X 50 its a great detector. in my book its # 2 but the V 1 is #1. It really just dependes on what you can afford really. I NEED the V1, in Arlington Laser is it, no radar JUST laser but I cant afford the V1 right now but someday.

ES13Raven

Quote Originally Posted by Ford_Focus_05
    the X-50 has good laser detection, if laser is a BIG threat I would consider taking the X 50 back and getting a V1 cause V1 everyone can agree has the best Laser detection
    Just remember that Laser detection really doesn't help. If a LEO is Lasering you then he already has you, unless you have countermeasures.

That should read, if laser is a BIG threat get a jammer or at least some Veil and a Lasershield. Don't take back your X50 :wink:

Banned

That should read, if laser is a BIG threat get a jammer or at least some Veil and a Lasershield. Don't take back your X50 Wink
    So true I Forgot about laser jammers wow thats a first LOL ops:
    Well laser jammer for sure but I still say get the V1 if jammers are illigeal in your state then!!!
    Ha I still cant belive I forgot about getting a jammer.
    I would recommend the AL6 it has a new name now but I forgot what it is. everyone knows what I am talking about go to the Laser Jammer Forum If you dont.
    Well I hope I helped some at least. all well have a good new year!

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Ford_Focus_05
    I would recommend the AL6 it has a new name now but I forgot what it is. everyone knows what I am talking about go to the Laser Jammer Forum If you dont.
    Defender2 is coming in to play these days.

Yoda of Radar

NO...

AL6 = Laser Defender
    Drivesmart jammer = Defender2

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    NO...

AL6 = Laser Defender
    Drivesmart jammer = Defender2

Mingia I always get them mixed up...should prolly write it down but am to lazy to get a pen....I actually was editing my post to say what it says now as you typed this....because I know the D2 is actually out through testing. The (AL6)LD I have no clue on.