Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Spectre

  1. #1
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ARIZONA
    Posts
    2,474

    Default Spectre

    I think it is a little irresponsible of Bel to claim that the new STi not only defeats presents spectre models but all future ones as well. Only time will tell but I feel that only current technology MIGHT be defeated. You can bet if the STI defeats spectre 1-3, that spectre will redesign so that the current technology will be defeated in the future. Just a thought. Any comments? Or have I misinterpreted what was stated?

  2. #2
    Power User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In Car RamRod
    Posts
    4,001

    Default

    I think comments made by Bel at this stage should be taken with a grain of salt

  3. #3
    Power User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,150

    Default Re: Spectre

    Quote Originally Posted by CactusMan
    I think it is a little irresponsible of Bel to claim that the new STi not only defeats presents spectre models but all future ones as well. Only time will tell but I feel that only current technology MIGHT be defeated. You can bet if the STI defeats spectre 1-3, that spectre will redesign so that the current technology will be defeated in the future. Just a thought. Any comments? Or have I misinterpreted what was stated?
    Just like Bel says that their RD are capable to be upgrade for future threats, it is all BS. Not that it can not be done, but because Bel refuses to. I posted a comment that anyone who buy's the STi knows that it WILL become a obsolete paper weight and nothing more than a collectable. Now how soon the spectre will change and adapt, time will tell, not to mention getting enough units out in the field to make an impact catching people. It will not be in the next few months, but it will be interesting if they can roll something out at the earliest 2007. This game of cat and mouse is expensive and always changing.

  4. #4
    Experienced
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Finland (North Europe)
    Posts
    241

    Default Re: Spectre

    Quote Originally Posted by amoney
    Now how soon the spectre will change and adapt, time will tell, not to mention getting enough units out in the field to make an impact catching people. It will not be in the next few months, but it will be interesting if they can roll something out at the earliest 2007. This game of cat and mouse is expensive and always changing.
    This is very interesting question.

    First of all - the lab test will tell if there is leakage elsewhere than what Spectre now scan and of course is that leakage strong enought to be detected.

    Second question is - will that new Ku gun EVER be released - or is it a scam (as I think it is) ...

  5. #5
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ARIZONA
    Posts
    2,474

    Default Re: Spectre

    Quote Originally Posted by D.E.T
    Quote Originally Posted by amoney
    Now how soon the spectre will change and adapt, time will tell, not to mention getting enough units out in the field to make an impact catching people. It will not be in the next few months, but it will be interesting if they can roll something out at the earliest 2007. This game of cat and mouse is expensive and always changing.
    This is very interesting question.

    First of all - the lab test will tell if there is leakage elsewhere than what Spectre now scan and of course is that leakage strong enought to be detected.

    Second question is - will that new Ku gun EVER be released - or is it a scam (as I think it is) ...
    Well with my V1 I already have Ku band capability and in fact I have Ku band turned on now.

  6. #6
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    444

    Default Spectre and STi

    Hmm. well since the STi is only now becoming available for sale I guess there isn't much that can be said definitively. As far as upgrading and obsolescence, when I look at a Motorola processor or an Atmel I know for certain that it can be reprogrammed. The firmware can be changed, if technology demands hardware upgrades that probably is out of any manufacturer's reach, but software upgrading, c'mon. The Bels and Escorts have reprogrammable micro's.....so yes upgradable. Bel certainly wouldn't go to a microprocessor that cannot be reprogrammed on the STi, so I would have to guess that even the unknown STi can be reprogrammed if firmware/software changes warrant it.

  7. #7
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    444

    Default Spectre and STi

    Spectre, RDDs have to be able to pick up a signal from a detector. Some of us know that radios can be made that are undetectable. That is an absolute necessity in the intelligence world. There are techniques that can be applied to accomplish that. If the STi doesn't emit detectable levels of energy then Bel's claim would be valid.
    You simply can't detect what isn't there.

  8. #8
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    446

    Default Re: Spectre and STi

    Quote Originally Posted by insidercw3
    Spectre, RDDs have to be able to pick up a signal from a detector. Some of us know that radios can be made that are undetectable. That is an absolute necessity in the intelligence world. There are techniques that can be applied to accomplish that. If the STi doesn't emit detectable levels of energy then Bel's claim would be valid.
    You simply can't detect what isn't there.
    It the world of consumer electronics I dont beleive there will ever be something that has Zero emissions.

  9. #9
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    444

    Default Re: Spectre and STi

    Quote Originally Posted by itisjustme
    Quote Originally Posted by insidercw3
    Spectre, RDDs have to be able to pick up a signal from a detector. Some of us know that radios can be made that are undetectable. That is an absolute necessity in the intelligence world. There are techniques that can be applied to accomplish that. If the STi doesn't emit detectable levels of energy then Bel's claim would be valid.
    You simply can't detect what isn't there.
    It the world of consumer electronics I dont beleive there will ever be something that has Zero emissions.
    :shock: No argument with that statement. Zero emissions: but detectable emissions. I should have said emissions that are detectable with standard equipment, or by standard means. If you can't detect it from 10 or 20 feet then would you consider that undetectable? It comes down to semantics perhaps, but the real measuring stick is how radar detectors are detected in the real world. I would state with confidence that a consumer radar detector can be produced that would be undetectable by normal means.

  10. #10
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: Spectre and STi

    Why they use open wave guide technology? MOI there is a oscillator that leaks and 2nd or 3rd harmonic is detectable.

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •