Thread: POP or not?

Newcomer

Default POP or not?

Last night I was driving and picked up a cop shooting constant on Ka on the side of the road and decided to see how long of a detection range I could get. I looped around some back roads and he wasn't where he was before. About a mile down, my X50 picked up Ka and steadily increased to three bars when I hit a red light. Then I would get alternating readings of POP and Ka for about five seconds each. I confirmed that it was a cop (not sure if it was the same one) as I saw him about 3/4 of a mile down the road. This was a local cop too, so wondering if this couldve been an actual POP encounter? Weird thing was is that it was a constant siginal, whether POP or Ka. Any thoughts?

Advanced Member

Probably not POP. Short bursts or reflections of "regular" radar will sometimes be reported as POP on the detector.

Jim

Advanced Member

I have a video that shows an alert like that. It has happened to me with Talon Ka guns as well as MPH industry guns

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Radar Fanatic

Happens to me occasionally too. Especially when officers are approaching from the rear.