Newcomer

Default Ever seen this displayed???

My RX65 displayed a very small uppercase "CD" today & I couldn't get rid of it until I had my first microwave door encounter.

The entire menu system worked, I could dim or brighten the display but I couldn't get my normal "City Lox" to display.

I even tried resetting and the very small (perhaps 4 dots tall) "CD" remained.

Anybody ever seen this?? Any cause for worry?

I have no idea if this thing is really "on duty" or if I'm playing with fire.

Radar Fanatic

Sounds like you are in dark-mode. If it's anything like the X50, CD stands for "City-Dark". Hit the dim/dark key again and you should get your display back.

Right? My dad's X50 displayed "hd" when I was in dark display, highway filtering mode.

ES13Raven

That is correct :!:

Newcomer

God, I feel so stupid ..... how do I manage to get out of bed in the morning? I feel so fortunate to be able to fog a mirror!!

Seriously, how does this happen? I don't touch the RD when I start the car or when I turn-off the ignition so why should the display change from "medium brightness" to "city-dark" by itself? The only reason I have to touch the RD is to change from "city lox" to "highway", otherwise it's never touched.

Also, (don't like to repeat myself) I couldn't get rid of the "CD" but all else appeared normal so I went to lunch, passed Walgren's with their K-band microwave door openers, got the alert and when the alert ended I had the normal "city lox" displayed.

Still doesn't explain why a power-on-with-reset (hold both buttons) didn't reset the brightness of the display unless the reset only governs internal menu items and does not affect the display.

Radar Fanatic

My RX65 has goofed about 5 times in a year and a half. It will set the display to dark and set the volume very low. No idea what causes it.

Newcomer

thanks ....... I thought it was me

Newcomer

Never had mine change on it's own [yet], but I do get sick of changing from BRT to LOW setting everytime I change from driving at night to day etc.

I think the auto brightness adjusting feature of the STI sounds great.

Experienced
    Somewhere that the POLICE don't like evasion tactics!!!!!

I think the auto brightness adjusting feature of the STI sounds great.[/quote]

From what CSteph has said the display on the STi is a really bright GLOW even when it's on dim, which doesn't make concealment easy and it sounds like it's quite distracting to have in your line of vision.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by FLYBOY!!!!!
    From what CSteph has said the display on the STi is a really bright GLOW even when it's on dim, which doesn't make concealment easy and it sounds like it's quite distracting to have in your line of vision.
    Ah that's a shame. Sounded like such a good feature. Guess Dark Mode would be best then in that situation.