18. What causes laser false alerts?
Remember that laser is just light. Although you will rarely get a false alert on most laser jammers, there are several known sources of those false alerts:
• Neon and LED lights - including those on autos, like third brake lights on the Chevy Envoy, Avalanche, and Trailblazer
• HID headlights, usually only off-colour aftermarket HIDs
• Adaptive cruise control - particularly that on Infinity cars
• Toll plazas - usually as you are leaving the booth
• Airports – collision avoidance system
• Sunlight – sometimes when driving directly into the sunrise or sunset
Sometimes there simply is no apparent reason for a false alert on your laser jammer. The Escort/Cincinnati Microwave ZR3 and ZR4 are the most prone to false alerts, with the Blinder and Laser Interceptors falsing much less frequently.