Default 9500ix - only detector that is usable in Milwaukee

Wasn't sure how I felt after purchasing the 9500ix and then reading all the posts about sensitivity from v1 and redline...until I put the 9500ix in my car. You cannot drive on I-94, 894, or 43 in milwaukee without being constantly bombarded with k band!!!! Did some research and found out why....http://www.sensorsmag.com/sensors-ma...e-project-3721 . Turns out Milwaukee has these radars everywhere for traffic monitoring purposes. Without the gps feature on the 9500ix, it would be useless (just constantly going full K). Couldn't imagine using any detector without one here. Most interstate cops around here use LIDAR as well (have a blinder m47 for that). Very happy with the purchase.

Banned

Default Re: 9500ix - only detector that is usable in Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by jmichalakjr View Post
    Wasn't sure how I felt after purchasing the 9500ix and then reading all the posts about sensitivity from v1 and redline...until I put the 9500ix in my car. You cannot drive on I-94, 894, or 43 in milwaukee without being constantly bombarded with k band!!!! Did some research and found out why....http://www.sensorsmag.com/sensors-ma...e-project-3721 . Turns out Milwaukee has these radars everywhere for traffic monitoring purposes. Without the gps feature on the 9500ix, it would be useless (just constantly going full K). Couldn't imagine using any detector without one here. Most interstate cops around here use LIDAR as well (have a blinder m47 for that). Very happy with the purchase.
    X2, the 9500ix's features are priceless. Great sensitivity and great false filtering, almost makes it a cop detector.

Newcomer

Their in Ohio now too. Full k band alert every two miles.

V1 Zombie

nice one the 9500ci is pretty good at filter out K band using the GPS. Note make sure its not a cop K band as has happen in the past

Radar Fanatic

I was reading somewhere that if you turn on "TSR" feature on your detector that it will filter that so you want get a false all the time.

Radar Fanatic

Same for Irving, TX. The local pd mostly k band with the occasional exception of ka band. I love the gps filter, cause it's so quiet, unless its real.