What are the best settings to have on or off for the 9500ix?
I've been debating turning on POP. Would turning off speed (meter or w/e) help alert time? I'd like to hear some of the things people are running on their 9500ix's. btw, I'm still on v1.7.... If someone can explain why v1.8 is any better, please let me know, otherwise updating it seems like a hassle for what its currently worth.
edit: looks like these show the best results (not formally tested):
1) Highway mode
2) Expert Meter or Spec Display (depends on your own preference. Expert meter will tell you up to 5 different signals (I believe) and strength)
3) K band on
4) Ka band on
5) Ku band off
6) POP off (I may turn mine on)
7) X band off (depends on location. check http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...5-18-10-a.html <- this thread first before disabling any bands)
8) Autolearn off (manually lockout known false areas)
9) GPS Off for I/O peformance boost (according to testing found here http://guysoflidar.com/radar-detecto...rld-tests.html) - best suited for highway trips. for around town, leave GPS on.
Testing found at the above website
^as you can see, the tested Ka Instant On bands for the 9500ix with GPS off vs. on showed that sensitivity increased with GPS off.
(cliff notes) KA Instant On testing with GPS on vs. off (of the frequencies tested)
GPS On - 3 hits
GPS Off - 9 hits
thanks everyone who contributed info to this thread. I hope to list all the suggestions in this first post for us 9500ix Owners to reference when programming their Escort