Newcomer

Default Traffic Flow Sensors on I10 West of Cabazon

On my way back from palm desert tonight for about a few miles I got K band falses in increments, about 6 times. I noticed on the way there, there were these white boxes hanging over the freeway, about 3 just on the eastbound side, couldn't see how many on the way back. On the way there though, I didn't pick up any signals.

Is it possible it could be traffic flow sensors? Anyone else experience this on this particular stretch. Between Cabazon and Beaumont, so mostly around Banning.

Default Re: Traffic Flow Sensors on I10 West of Cabazon

Yea they shoot a k band. We have them here in the OC which i call them speed cam notifiers. They shoot a k band to clock your speed then it display your speed on on a large digital board. So the idea is to bring awareness and slow you down but it doesnt take any photos. So you can mark it and record the spot.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by ExoticRadar View Post
    Yea they shoot a k band. We have them here in the OC which i call them speed cam notifiers. They shoot a k band to clock your speed then it display your speed on on a large digital board. So the idea is to bring awareness and slow you down but it doesnt take any photos. So you can mark it and record the spot.
    It's not for measuring your specific speed (i.e. Your Speed Is "X"), but for a traffic monitoring system that allows cities to measure the instant traffic flow from a computer. It also allows drivers to pull the current traffic info from a web site. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this on this certain road.

Professional

Funny, i just took a trip from LA to Prescott, AZ and did notice these on I-10. But I left my TSR on so I never heard a pep. I live in a drone area, so I always have TSR on....