Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Back top edge of X50 rest against the windshield? :confused:

Sorry, just got the X50 yesterday and have a question on this mounting method indicated in the manual. How do you guys have yours mounted? Thanks.

Radar Fanatic

It just means to scoot the detector forward until the front touches the window.

Yoda of Radar

Yeah... just like the picture shows above it should rest slightly against your windshield to keep it level (as seen in picture)... and to steady it, keep it from flopping around(up/down) that is.

Good post (picture) Compu44.

Thanks guys. 8)

Radar Fanatic

Can't take credit for the pic, that was stolen from Outrun's site.

Welcome to the forum tgscordv6. Enjoy the X50, it's an excelent piece of equipment!

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by compu44
    Can't take credit for the pic, that was stolen from Outrun's site.

Welcome to the forum tgscordv6. Enjoy the X50, it's an excelent piece of equipment!
    Compu44 your a scoundrel! :P

Also tgscordv6... welcome to the board and enjoy the X50.
    BTW (Blue or Red display)?

Got the blue one. Next step is to hardwire it to the Homelink. 8)

Newcomer

The problem is that the 8500 x50 bangs up and down on the windshield of certain cars, no matter how much you bend the bracket. My solution was to buy the clear little vinyl disks that you can find in a pack of ten at the hardware stores for next to nothing. They will stick to the windshield just under the suction cups, and provide a barrier from the windshield stops on the 8500 from rattlin around.

Newcomer

Between potholes & frost-heaved expansion joints, the constant rattling was driving me nuts.

I tried the fuzz pads included with the RD but they lasted about two weeks before the plastic corners of the RX-65 wore through them.

All you need is a third suction cup, in fact you should have two extra suction cups in the original box. If not, any craft store will have them.

The third suction cup doesn't "stick" to anything, simply wedge it upside down (suction cup facing the bracket/detector) slightly below the two existing suction cups & it'll provide the "bumper buffer" that eliminates the noise while keeping the RD level.

Roads in WNY are still bad with snow & ice but the rattles are gone.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Brett
    The problem is that the 8500 x50 bangs up and down on the windshield of certain cars, no matter how much you bend the bracket. My solution was to buy the clear little vinyl disks that you can find in a pack of ten at the hardware stores for next to nothing. They will stick to the windshield just under the suction cups, and provide a barrier from the windshield stops on the 8500 from rattlin around.
    I have this same problem with my X50. I've tried bending the braket several different ways but it still bounces and hits the glass. My Glass is curved so it's going to take the pads you mentioned to remove this issue. Where did you pick these pads up at and what are they called. Do they have a Name / Brand name. Thanks...........